Earn Your TEFL Certificate with Via Lingua in Istanbul, Turkey

Via Lingua Istanbul provides an intensive, interactive program to gain certification as a Teacher of English as a Foreign Language (TEFL). Our TEFL Istanbul Course is one of the most comprehensive and up-to-date in the world today. Including 130 hours of expert tuition with 10 hours of assessed teaching practice, and covering all areas of Teaching Skills, Classroom Management, English Grammar, and Phonology, it exceeds international guidelines for the regulation of the TEFL profession.

The Via Lingua TEFL Certificate Course includes vital concepts and strategic skills to live and teach effectively abroad. Trainees learn a variety of cross-cultural skills with which to analyze different cultures, as well as their own. On successful completion of the course, you will receive the internationally recognized Via Lingua TEFL certificate. You will also be given a transcript from your trainers providing a breakdown of your performance on each component of the course.

• Practical, engaging curriculum with professional and personal mentoring.
  • Ten hours of guided and monitored Teaching Practice with local students.
  • Graduate credits awarded to US University MA TESOL Programs.
  • Individual Job Guidance and Assistance for life.
  • Internationally recognized certification from an accredited program.

2018 Scholarship Contest Open!

Every year we offer scholarships to outstanding students for our programs.

A Master's or Bachelor's degree is preferred but we will consider those students in possession of a High School Diploma as well.

• Benefits 4
  • Facilities 3
  • Instruction 9.5
  • Academic Rigor 8.4
  • Job Assistance 8.7
Andrea

Quality course!

Before taking the course in Istanbul, I'd read the course was intense but worth it. I absolutely agree! The course is intense and you won't have much time for sightseeing but it is so worth the hard work. You'll learn so much and graduate with confidence in preparing a solid lesson plan. All the teachers in the course are top knotch and extremely knowlegable as well as
professional and suportive in the learning process. They want you to succeed and will guide you along the way. I am really happy I did it in person! I never could have done it online and thankful to all those involved!

If you did this all over again, what's one thing you would change?
I would study English grammar more thoroughly, before the course!
Kevin

Excellent Training

First off, the staff is amazing. They do everything they can to assist you during your training. They are there every step. The scheduled is rigorous- you must make the training your priority. The teachers / instructors are pleasant and extremely knowledgeable. Their English proficiency is excellent, very easy to understand their instructions. The location of the school is easily accessible with many apartments and or hotels near by. I am very pleased with my decision to receive my TEFL certification from Via Lingua - Kent English.

What was your funniest moment?
It is funny now, but now during the activity. It snowed and iced over the walk ways from my apartment to the school. Halfway through my trip I slipped, not once but twice. Needless to say, my rear end was wet from back to toe. I had a presentation this day as well, so I would be in front of the class. The staff took the time to get a second heater out so I could dry before class started. Emergency diverted.
Anthony

Thank you, Via Lingua Istanbul!

Researching the best TEFL Course can be very overwhelming. From online organisations, to Groupon – there are a plethora of opportunities to undergo the Teaching English as A Foreign Language process. However, due to the global pandemic, in-class sessions are a bit limited. That’s where Via Lingua International sparked a great interest. Through Via Lingua International I was able to secure a spot in the Istanbul branch to receive my certification.

My time at Via Lingua Istanbul was exceptional! This intense month-long course was filled with teaching practicums, lesson planning, extensive grammar review and basic expectations of a teacher. To say it was intensive would be an understatement!

I highly suggest Via Lingua Istanbul for anyone who wants to be in the magnificent city of Istanbul with qualified instructors who want nothing but the best for you in a professional capacity.

Thank you Via Lingua Istanbul!

What was your funniest moment?
The endless study sessions with my classmates where we would laugh uncontrollably at the most random things.
Lilia

TEFL course in Istanbul. Wonderful experience and precious knowledge!

Getting TEFL certified is one of the most important achievements in my life. This course gave me new knowledge and ideas for my future teaching practice.
All trainers were very helpful, kind and always positive. They provided us with clear explanations, a lot of examples, activities and group work. The trainers always created good atmosphere during our classes, so I could ask them any questions I had.
TEFL course is really very intensive. It includes different aspects of teaching (from teaching reading, listening skills etc. to classroom management). Be ready to work hard during these four weeks. It is better to brush up your Grammar before the course starts. Also it is a good idea to work on Portfolio, Individual Project and Group Project from the very beginning, so the trainee will have enough time to prepare for Final Assessment Test.
Teaching practices were especially useful for me and I got experience of teaching adults. Our observers gave us valuable comments and advices how to improve our lesson plans and teaching (for instance, better time management and decreasing teacher talking time).
I would like to thank all the staff and director at Via Lingua Istanbul for their help, kindness, patience and understanding!!!
I really enjoyed my time in this beautiful and amazing city - İstanbul.

Lilia

TEFL course in Istanbul. Wonderful experience and precious knowledge!

I really enjoyed my time in this beautiful and amazing city - İstanbul.

Ali

TEFL Certification

The instructors were very helpful and well connected with their field.
The program offers job assistance by providing letters of recommendation.
Not an easy course (practice your grammar), which is good thing if you actually want to earn a useful TEFL practice.
The city is very affordable with easy access to transportation (Metro, Bus, or even Boat Fare), and also very safe filled with good people.

Also, the program took great amount of COVID measures in the class (mandatory face mask, social distancing, and very well kept facility).

If you did this all over again, what's one thing you would change?
Go over the course content and topics beforehand, review class lectures and lessons after each class day, and also give yourself some time before the start of the program to not only review the material, but also some time to get used to your sleeping pattern according to the country's time zone.
Otilija

TEFL Courses in Istanbul

The decision to take TEFL courses was long taken, however, Corona has postponed it several times. Getting an email in the end of July regarding the courses in August was one of the biggest joys during 2020. I had no doubts, of course, the global pandemic made it a bit more complicated. However, since the very first lesson, only the good vibes were spread. Instructors provided all the help needed, answered all the questions. 4 weeks were tough, especially 2,3 and 4th, but that was totally worth it! I was happy to study again, to meet motivated study peers and professional lecturers. I had some previous teaching practice, so these courses made me understand teaching from the different side. I had practice, now I needed professional help. And I did get it. Teaching practices were really useful and we received a lot of comments from the lectures who also indicated areas for improvement. Overall, I am happy that I decided to attend TEFL courses in the city I love - Istanbul.

Just do it! If you have doubts, try it. There is a saying to better regret things that are done rather than the ones you never tried. Also, be prepared to postpone active travelling after the course, as there are a lot of things to be done in order to receive the TEFL certificate.
Renee

A Wonderful Educational Experience in Istanbul

I really enjoyed my TEFL course at Via Lingua in Istanbul. I feel like I learned so much in such a little time. The professors are very experienced in their fields of education and linguistics -- it was a pleasure being in their classes! All the support staff were too friendly, always offering tea and coffee (and sometimes Baklava), and helping me with issues that were not even part of the class, such as getting a Turkish sim card. I really appreciated the close-knit friendly environment of the school, and loved getting delicious Turkish lunches together with my classmates and professors. The class was very small so we got lots of attention and feedback during our teaching practices. They also helped us navigate the TEFL job market in Istanbul with valuable tips and advice!

I would maybe like even more teaching materials provided, such as packets of lesson plan ideas and activities.