Earn Your TEFL Certificate with Via Lingua in Istanbul, Turkey

Earn Your TEFL Certificate with Via Lingua in Istanbul, Turkey

2018 Scholarship Contest Open!
The 2018 scholarship competition is open!
Every year we offer scholarships to outstanding students for our programs.

Via Lingua Istanbul provides an intensive, interactive program to gain certification as a Teacher of English as a Foreign Language (TEFL). Our TEFL Istanbul Course is one of the most comprehensive and up-to-date in the world today. Including 130 hours of expert tuition with 10 hours of assessed teaching practice, and covering all areas of Teaching Skills, Classroom Management, English Grammar and Phonology, it exceeds international guidelines for the regulation of the TEFL profession.
The Via Lingua TEFL Certificate Course includes vital concepts and strategic skills to live and teach effectively abroad. Trainees learn a variety of cross-cultural skills with which to analyze different cultures, as well as their their own. On successful completion of the course, you will receive the internationally recognized Via Lingua TEFL certificate. You will also be given a transcript from your trainers providing a breakdown of your performance on each component of the course.

• Practical, engaging curriculum with professional and personal mentoring
  • Ten hours of guided and monitored Teaching Practice with local students
  • Graduate credits awarded to US University MA TESOL Programs
  • Individual Job Guidance and Assistance for life
  • Internationally recognized certification from an accredited program
Asia » Turkey » Istanbul

• Difficulty
  • Job Assistance

Jessica
Greenville College

The Best place in Istanbul to start your TEFL career!

I moved from the US to Istanbul in 2015 to begin a new chapter in my life as a TEFL TEACHER. Before coming to Istanbul, I researched several TEFL programs online but none of them were reassuring to me. Finally, I came across TEFL VIA LINGUA in Kadikoy Istanbul and they were the most helpful to me. Via Lingua answered all of questions 24/7! I was a little nervous coming to a new country and all, so I had quite a few questions. But they never got irritated with me, they were always prompt, very resourcful and courteus. They made my move so much easier by helping me find a nice, safe and comfortable place to stay while earning my TEFL CERTIFICATE. They also helped me to land my first job. Via Lingua is a very credible and reputable school, which is also well known throughout Istanbul, this is what makes them an excellent aid to their students who are needing help finding a job. The program was easy to follow and had the latest and up to date information needed to be a successful TEFL TEACHER. I have lived in Turkey for almost three years now and i still keep in touch with them. My experience with Via lingua was the BEST descision I have ever made! And they are the foundation of all my successes as a TEFL TEACHER!

It's GREAT THE WAY IT IS.

Alicia
Susquehanna University

Worthwhile Program and Experience

I completed this one month intensive program in August 2015. My class had six other students and rotated between 3-4 instructors throughout the program. The instructors were thoughtful, informative and engaging. Class went from 9AM to 5PM for the entire month, but always felt useful and informative. The real-life teaching practice and immediate feedback really set this course apart from other courses. We were observed by instructors and also our fellow students. This feedback really helped us to think critically about our own teaching and others', and to prepare us for the classroom. This class focused on adult learners, with some focus on young learners.

The school offered airport assistance (even after my flight was delayed and arrived in the middle of the night) and also secured me comfortable housing for the duration of my course. After the course, I was helped to secure a job, as well as offered future job assistance. The school is well respected and connected in Istanbul. It is also located in a very central and lively area on the Asian side of Istanbul. Overall, I highly recommend this school to all future students.

Medina
England
University of Central Lancashire

My TEFL Experience: Istanbul

I completed my TEFL course summer of 2016 and I absolutely loved every moment. The staff were all amazing in their own way. Each and every one was so supportive and enthusiastic which made learning so enjoyable. One of the best experiences was being taken to a Nursery and having the opportunity to teach the youngsters! I remember the staff at the nursery asking if any of us wanted to work there (we had not even finished our training by that point)! I learnt so much more than I ever imagined and I would do it all over again. I would recommend any one to complete their training here! I cannot deny that it requires dedication and hard work but it is all worth it.

N/A

aziza
Morocco
Acadia University

Thanks a lot

My experience has been really unique
I have been teaching English for 15 years different levels ,different ages.Then I ve decided to refresh and to renew my teaching methods and move toward teaching abroad.After two years of research for the suitable TEFL centre nearby my country...and with the assistance of Mrs Jennifer Collins one of the great councler to whom I owe so much for guiding me and giving the right address via lingua Kent centre in Istanbul ,I ve found my way to realize my dream .get TEFL certificate as well as to get new family ..Kent centre staff who have been so kind and nice whenever needed ..starting from printing ..hand outs materials.. preparing classes... for teaching and here I should say thanks a lot for OZGUE . MUSLUME. . Very special thanks for my trainers who have been very very helpful Mr Ismail ,Mrs Bilge.,Mr Cem. Mrs Hande for devoting us all their efforts and time during the whole month day and night ..be it at the beginning when first introduced to methodologies ..or else later on as teachers observed,severely sometimes yet well evaluated and here I won t forget to thank so much my dear Turkish learners who have been of great boost to help manage it successfully.
As for jobs, I should say that we have been introduced to centres and provided with all the necessary details about them ...actually some of my dear friends, whom we ve become so close as one family , have started teaching immediately by the end of the course..
I would strongly recommend Kent centre to whoever is fond of English teaching looking for a unique experience helpful staff ..and be great international EFL teacher.
Many thanks for giving me this opportunity to share with you my experience .. that am happy to talk about ..endlessly and nt waiting for any kind of scholar ship or else ..good luck for all the coming TEFL trainees.
Again Thanks a lot my Great Kent Trainers.

The program can be improved by interfering ICT in the course. Hopefully interactive boards.

Osama
Istanbul, Turkey
University of Salford

TEFL Course at Via Lingua Istanbul

Via Lingua TEFL course is held and sponsored by Kent English at Kadıköy, Istanbul (also representing The International TEFL Academy in the US). The location is very convenient, right at the Bahariye Tram stop. There's everything you need around you as it's in the middle of the market.

This was a 4-week intensive course, it's basically from 9am-6pm with a 1 hour lunch time. The atmosphere is very comfortable, and staff are very friendly and supportive. Mentors are well trained individuals, and know exactly what they're doing. During the course, you get 6 hours of teaching practices where you teach actual students (very nice, friendly and lovely students) who always come to this course for the teaching practices, making things a lot easier for you (the trainee).

When the course is complete, you are welcome to use the computers at the center and borrow some of their teaching materials.

I would highly recommend this TEFL course with Via Lingua, at Kent English, to anyone who wishes to get his TEFL certificate on-site, in Istanbul.

Fakra
UK

Via Lingua, Istanbul

I completed my TEFL course in May/June 2016. All of the staff were extremely welcoming and approachable, and were available to assist us on any aspect of the course. Although the quality of the course materials was not excellent, the staff were able to utilise their expertise to deliver excellent lessons. The course itself is quite packed (as you have to plan lessons, complete assignments, revise for exams, etc) so you will have to manage your time well if you want to be successful on the course.
Furthermore, the location of the centre was great - approximately a 10 minute walk from the hostel in which I stayed during the completion of the course.
I would recommend this course to anyone looking to teach English abroad. There are other courses available with more recognised qualifications for which you have to pay a little bit more, and I would recommend this if you are serious about Teaching English as a Foreign language.

I would have liked more assistance on being guided towards a job.

Kari
American International College

It was a great experience!

I'd like to say many thanks to Via Lingua!
I had the best studying experience ever!
It is my 100% real review and I write it becouse I want more people to study there!
It was perfect assistance and guidance during all the course!
Course was interesting and full of useful information!
I enjoyed teaching practices a lot!
Many thanks to all the teachers!
Highly recommend Via Lingua in Istanbul and CTEFL!!!
It was really helpful and I found job easily!
Thank you Ismail!!

More lessons teaching young learners.

Megan
San Diego
San Diego State University

Via Lingua Turkey

One of the first things people should know about Via Lingua is that it pays former students for Go Overseas Reviews. As a former student myself, I just received an invitation by email yesterday to become a "Correspondant" and write this review for $100 scholarship. This is what prompted my review today. So take any positive reviews you read with a grain of salt. They may actually be paid advertising rather than real reviews.

I received a TEFL certificate from them years ago and was able to find a position teaching in Turkey afterwards through my own leg work. Via Lingua's lifetime assistance promise is totally non-existant. After the program, I was told to give them a resume to begin that process. I did. Followed up after awhile. Never heard anything back.

All in all, I found the program to be adequate, but barely. I'd recommend looking around at some other options.

Response from

Note: All reviews on Go Overseas must follow our Terms & Conditions. At Go Overseas, we take review fraud very seriously. The best reviews contain substantive, detailed information about the participant's experience. We hope our community will contribute reviews with the goal of helping people make an educated and informed decision when comparing programs. We are all working to create a better world by encouraging everyone to spend time on meaningful programs abroad, with genuine cultural exchange. Join us! If you have any questions about our review system, feel free to email us.

- The Go Overseas Team

Via Lingua is a worldwide educational organization, with schools and offices in numerous locations. At Via Lingua, our main goals are to assist our students in developing their English language teaching (TEFL) skills in a professional, stimulating, and supportive environment. We aim to provide our