British Council Ukraine actively recruits its most successful and promising CELTA candidates. Candidates expressing an interest in teaching work with British Council and who receive an endorsement from the Main Course Tutor will be guaranteed an interview.
The British Council Ukraine CELTA courses involve 4-week, full-time participation. The courses contain the following elements:
• every morning, hands-on teaching practice with specially organized groups of learners
• self-evaluation and feedback sessions with fellow trainees and course tutors
• input sessions every afternoon which center on the principles of effective teaching and a range of practical skills for teaching English to adult learners
• every evening, observation of experienced British Council teachers (a total of 6 hours during the course)
• lesson planning sessions with the course tutors.