Located at Florida State University, and within one of the top intensive English programs in the country, the CIES-TEFL program is situated perfectly for practical and hands-on knowledge of English language learning, teaching, and cross-cultural awareness. CIES-TEFL certificate students work with international English language learners at CIES, and the community, to get real experience through structured tutoring and exchange opportunities. CIES-TEFL certificate students will graduate with a portfolio of teaching materials, resources, and lesson plans to take with them wherever they go in the world. CIES-TEFL instructors, administrators, alumni, and peers all work together to assist in job placement counseling to help graduates find employment in the countries where they would like to teach.
- 7-week 120-hour certificate course
- Optional additional 7-week internship
- Structured tutoring component with adult and child ELLs
- Personal assistance with job placement and letters of recommendation
- CEA-accredited Intensive English Program with highly experienced faculty