Sun bears cubs are beautiful, cute and cuddly, which is why they are often taken from their mothers at a young age and held in captivity as pets in tiny cages.
Help support this amazing sun bear rehabilitation centre which works tirelessly to ensure that this native Borneo bear does not become extinct. One of the key conservation efforts is to reintroduce bears in to the wild where possible in an attempt to make sure this does not happen. Alongside the pet trade, they are also face habitat destruction and illegal hunting for meat and bile.
Some of the activities that you will be involved in include providing enrichments, monitoring behavior, constructing enclosures, cleaning enclosures and preparing food. You will also be asked to help with visitors to the centre by preparing displays and chatting to school groups.
- Helping the world's smallest bear to survive.
- Living in a beautiful part of the world, just on the edge of the rainforest.
- Meet likeminded people from around the world.
- Make a genuine contribution to conservation in Borneo.
- Try delicious Malaysian cuisine, a fantastic fusion of Indian, Thai, Chinese and more!
This project helps to care for sun bears and release them to the wild where possible.