Volunteer Abroad - BaseCamp Costa Rica

In 2002, Volunteer BaseCamp began working in Costa Rica, and since that time our volunteers have helped to complete countless projects in a wide variety of fields. Placements here range from health care, social programs, teaching positions and conservation and wildlife projects throughout the country.

Beautiful Costa Rican locations of beaches, wildlife reserves and mountains make volunteering here a truly unforgettable experience for volunteers in all fields - particularly environmental conservation.

Our thorough and unique vetting process assures that our volunteers are placed with a project that not only benefits from their specific skill set, but is also something they can be passionate about.

E

Orphanage Improvement Project

It was one of the single best experiences of my life and I would encourage everyone to participate in a program like this if they get a chance.

Every moment I spent in Costa Rica was absolutely amazing. Greg, our in-country coordinator was sweet and kind and made us all feel at home. After some initial confusion about the Costa Rican currency I quickly adjusted to the culture.

The project exceeded my expectations in every possible way. I was worried about the food and it turned out to be fantastic, I was worried about spending a week with a group of total strangers and they turned out to be amazing, and I was nervous about working at the orphanage but I had a life changing experience.

The base camp was beautiful and far surpassed my expectations. The only inconvenience was sharing a bathroom with 8 other girls and a computer with 20 other people.

About Volunteer BaseCamp

Volunteer BaseCamp has been connecting independent volunteers with small grass-roots organizations in Asia, Africa and Latin America since 1998. We have developed an extensive database of specific volunteer placements in each country that you can...