Serve to Learn - Volunteer Programs in Egypt

Student writing
Student writing
Teaching in Egypt
Teaching in Egypt

Serve to Learn is a unique program that connects youth from around the globe to Egypt. Volunteers conduct activities in English and share a journey of self-discovery and transformation with the children and communities they serve in Egypt.

When you become a Serve to Learn volunteer, you travel to Egypt for a predetermined three weeks of the summer at one of several sites throughout Egypt: from bustling metropolises along the Mediterranean coast and Nile delta to the rugged villages deep in the heart of Egypt.

Bishops from the Coptic Orthodox Church in Egypt offer hospitality to all of our volunteers for the duration of the journey. At the site to which you are assigned, you will inspire vulnerable children by teaching English and experience firsthand the injustices of child poverty by visiting the children you teach in their own homes.

Hey Marina! Thanks for the question. Digging on their site, it looks like they have an application fee of $35 dollars and a program fee of $500 on acceptable. You would then have to cover the flight as well. Their FAQ page is really handy for some information if you have any other questions!

VMTadross

Serve to Learn changed my life

I remember one day when we were teaching our students "head, shoulders, knees & toes" I stopped to look around at my students, and had never felt so much love and life in a room. The students encouraged me, in ways that are inexplicable. We had the privilege of teaching them English for three weeks, and I had the privilege of learning life lessons that were vital to the growth of any young adult. Learning what really matters in life was one thing that my students taught me. The fact that we had the opportunity to engage with students that had so much passion was truly life changing.

About Coptic Orphans

Coptic Orphans is an award-winning international Christian development organization that unlocks the God-given potential of disadvantaged children in Egypt, and so equips them to break the cycle of poverty and become change-makers in their...