Volunteer Abroad in Finland with Volunteers for Peace

Volunteers For Peace is a non-profit organization, founded in 1982, that offers placement in over 3000 voluntary service projects in more than 100 countries. Each year we provide almost 1,000 volunteers with invaluable opportunities to strengthen their ability to communicate in diverse groups, explore grassroots leadership opportunities, and build cultural understanding and connections around the world.

VFP offers service projects that arise from a grassroots, community based need for adults, teens, seniors, families and groups. Volunteers can choose between Short-Term Projects (Also known as Workcamps) where volunteers from 4 or more countries come together for a 2-3 week service project, or Individual Service Adventures & Gap Year Projects (Also known as Medium Term or Permanent Projects) involve working with VFP to create a personalized 2-week to 1-year experience.

Liza

Primitive Survival in Kierikki

Incredible program, like nothing you've ever done in your life. Living as closely to the stone age life style as possible in the north of Finland. Absolutely beautiful wilderness. Not for the faint-hearted.
VFP made everything extremely easy in working with the Finnish organization. They have many fascinating programs that are well worth looking into.

Kristy

My volunteer experience with VFP

I had wonderful time during my volunteer expereince. VFP was very helpful with arranging my placement. I look forward to doing more volunteer work in the future.