- Volunteer at a Maya school to improve the education of local Maya students
- Journey across sacred Lake Atitlan, considered sacred by the Maya
- Shop at an artisan market in Chichicastenango- the largest in the Western Hemisphere
- Explore the boutiques, galleries and cafes of colonial Antigua
- Stay in a restored Guatemalan home and enjoy local cuisine prepared each day.
Discover the world of the Maya and its ancient traditions through its people. You will be based in the cultural mecca of Guatemala, Quetzeltenango, where you will have the opportunity to volunteer in an indigenous Maya primary school, developing learning materials to last the year. Stay in a restored Guatemalan home and enjoy local cuisine prepared each day.
When not engaging with the students, you will ride over the calm waters of Lake Atitlán, considered sacred by the Maya, dive into Guatemala's rich culture by learning how to make colorful indigenous textiles and visiting the galleries of Antigue, visit an artisan market in Chichicastenango- the largest in the hemisphere, and even participate in a mock wedding ceremony!
Your Purpose: We're working alongside a Maya community that is traditionally discriminated against in Guatemala. Our purpose is to support the education of the students by developing (and leaving behind) learning materials that reinforce the teachers' lessons.
View Program Information
* Exclusive lodging in a restored Guatemala home, just for your group
* All meals and non-alcoholic beverages
* Expert local guides that are there to support, inform, and guide you throughout the trip
* Reliable in-country transportation with experiences drivers
* Admissions and entrance fees to national parks, historic sites and other scheduled events throughout the day
* An active daily itinerary. Click the buttons above to request the full itinerary
* All gratuities for hotels, meals, baggage, and transportation
* All land transportation during the trip
* $50,000 emergency medical evacuation insurance
* Trip literature
* Turnkey customer support from preparing for your trip to arrival back home
* Access to areas not generally accessible to tourists
Note: Prices may increase mid-January, 2018. Click the links above to learn more and book before the next increase.