- Sri Lanka
- South Africa
- Cape Town
View Other Details
What it covers
Most affordable volunteer abroad program fees
Committed support from our volunteer experts
Online volunteer training sessions
24/7 in-country support
Official certificate of volunteer service
Letters of recommendation
VAGT provides the most affordable medical & healthcare volunteer abroad programs. During your medical / healthcare volunteer time in La Antigua Guatemala, Nepal, South Africa, Sri Lanka, and Kenya. You will be working at a local clinic or hospital located 20 minutes walking from your host family. You will work with general medicine, pre, and post-surgery, gynecology, laboratory, pharmacy or psychology. The staff at the clinic and the hospital are always welcoming to volunteers!
You can choose to go into any field you are qualified for.
We have projects in:
- Local Hospital
- Physical Therapy
This is a sensitive program that will allow you to experience closely what is like to work alongside great doctors who do their best with little resources. You may also work in a 10-day long medical campaign as a group. You will learn about healthcare and help change people's lives by providing medical help.
- 3-4 hours/day; Working hours are either in the morning or afternoon, depending on the Hospital's needs. If you like to work longer hours please just let us know.
- Affordable, high social impact and cultural immersion in different countries
- A monetary donation goes directly to the project where you will be volunteering.
- Program available all year with minimum duration of 2 weeks.
- Your efforts will have a positive impact because our programs are community-driven with a focus on supporting long-term local needs
We are committed to providing the most affordable and high social impact volunteer abroad programs. Whether you are on vacation, gap year, alternative or summer break, you can be confident your volunteer time will be safe, worthwhile and fun.