Experience a part of India that is off the beaten track and away from the tourist traps. Live life as a local in the beautiful foothills of the Himalayas and immerse yourself in the culture of these amazing people. Use your skills and interests to enrich the lives of young people in a rural community and get more from your Gap Year than you ever imagined.
Our India program offers more than just being a tourist and seeing the sights, it's a unique opportunity to engage meaningfully with individuals and a community, to build relationships, make friends and live life as they do.
All our programs are divided into three parts - orientation, cultural immersion placement and independent travel. With the independent travel element you can explore all that this amazing country has to offer. From the explosion of colour, sounds and smells that will awaken the senses in the cities to the peace, quiet and wildlife in the rural regions, India has so much to offer!
- Orientation - a chance to settle in, get to know your group and make sure you're fully prepared for all aspects of your placement.
- Immersion - you live and work with others from your group, sharing your skills, in one of our partner communities with the Lepchas in the foothills of the Himalayas or in Kalimpong. Key to the experience is the high level of independence we offer. We're always available, but we stand back and let you make the most of the experience.
- Independent Travel - the final month of the program is free for you to explore India and neighboring Nepal. We're still here to support you whenever you need!
- Live in unique ethnic community called the Lepchas
- Explore the beauty of the Himalayas
- Become part of an ancient community
- Be more than a traveller passing through
FREE Safari Experience when you travel to Africa with us...!!!
Africa & Asia Venture (AV) is one of the oldest gap year providers. Since 1993 AV has been offering unique immersive programs in Africa and Asia for those aged 17-25. You live and work in the local community in a group with fellow participants from around the world.