Top Volunteer Projects in Indonesia

Top Volunteer Projects in Indonesia

GoEco was created by experienced volunteers for people who are eager to travel and contribute to the community, wildlife and environment they visit. Join us in Indonesia and surround yourself with this quintessential paradise while also giving back to local initiatives.

• Bali Sea Turtle Rescue: Work with injured and rescued sea turtles and help with their rehabilitation while educating community members and visitors about the importance of their survival.
  • Orangutan Conservation Expedition: Help to ensure the survival of the endangered orangutans by conducting essential research in the tropical rain forests of the region.
  • Education and Community Work in Bali: Help make a difference through teaching in underdeveloped villages and inspire community members to endeavor towards a brighter and more workable future!
  • Orangutan and Wildlife Rescue Center: Help rehabilitate Indonesia’s injured and traded wildlife at a rescue center in Java. Teach English focused on conservation to children in the community to raise environmental awareness.
Asia » Indonesia » Bali
Asia » Indonesia
The program includes 3 meals per day, accommodations, pre-departure kit, comprehensive travel health insurance, local in-country staff and 24 hour emergency support. Please see the project details on our website for a complete list of what is and isn't included.

Sarah
Clearwater, Florida
University of Florida

A Balinese Dream

While my time in Bali was a whirlwind of unforgettable experiences, I'll never forget my last day teaching. As the bell rang on our final class, I delivered a speech written in Indonesian, to explain to my students that I had to go back to America now but that I hoped to see them again some day. Nervous titters flooded the room. Before leaving, every child wanted a handshake, a reassurance, and for the little girls, a kiss on the cheek. Several of them cried. As a young person who just wants to feel like I've spent my time benefiting the world around me, there was no comparable feeling. Bali inspired, weathered, confounded, and irrevocably altered me. Just to know that somewhere out there, a child has a better chance at being successful because of me, is something I consider to be my greatest achievement.

The food was pretty horrible.

Laurence
Gatineau, Québec, Canada

Indonesian Lifestyle

I volunteered with the Green Lion Bali for 2 weeks. Those two weeks flew by way too fast! If I had the chance to do it over again, I would have stayed at least a month! The people I worked with, the friends I made, the staff and the locals were definitely the best part of this trip! During the first week, we got to explore the village (Penestanan Kaja), Ubud, the rice fields and many more places! This week was called the orientation week. We had a cooking class and a cultural class, we learned the basics of Bahasa language, we went to a traditional Balinese dance show in central Ubud, we visited a breathtaking temple and we had a 3-hour walk through the paddy fields. The very purpose of this orientation week was to help us prepare for the volunteer project the following week. At the end, we got assigned a school and a class to teach English. Every day, we would have to come up with simple activities for the children to learn English. There was also someone from the staff to help us translate in Bahasa for the kids. It was very helpful!
These two weeks passed by so fast! I would go back in a heartbeat! Thank you to everyone, especially the Green Lion and Go Eco, it was a pleasure to visit Indonesia!

During the orientation week, there should be some activities concerning English teaching. Sometimes it was difficult to find something to teach to the class every day.

Julia
Belo Horizonte, Brazil

Crabs caught!

Between the many activities that we do during this project, one of them includes to catch some crabs to feed the turtles. One thing that you learn during this activity is that crabs are very smart creatures, and is not that easy to caught them. But even been hard, it was very fun to do it.

the wi-fi on the accommodations.

GoEco is a leading eco-tourism company with a varied selection of affordable volunteer projects abroad. We act as a gateway to over 150 extraordinary community, wildlife and environmental initiatives all over the world thanks to our great partnerships. Join one of our rewarding projects and