COVID-19 Program UpdatesDue to global health & safety concerns and travel restrictions related to the coronavirus, Kaya Responsible Travel has decided to pause some of their upcoming programs temporarily. Learn more about COVID-19 updates and sign up for email notifications to stay tuned regarding program information.
Jamaica’s people are the friendliest in the world, and its music, food, and paradise landscapes are famous globally. But Jamaica has suffered high debt and low growth over the past 30 years and poverty is still significant.
On a Kaya Responsible Travel intern or volunteer program in Jamaica, you can work in education, health, or special needs-focused programs while recharging on the weekends in paradise!
- Peaceful surroundings and tranquil atmosphere provide the perfect setting for meditation, exercise, and a chance to connect with nature
- Accommodation is nestled atop the picturesque hill of Smokeyvale, with breathtaking sceneries of the Blue Mountains to the east, and a spectacular view of Kingston to the south
- Work with schools and local communities to create awareness about the need to preserve the environment and care for the local resources
- Work in community health or disability focused internships and give back to the local community
- Explore the incredible food, music, landscape, and people of Jamaica in a country with a rich heritage