Volunteer & Vacation in the Caribbean

Volunteer & Vacation in the Caribbean

V2 offers short-term volunteering vacations and internship programs in Jamaica and Trinidad & Tobago.

Students or professionals can volunteer in unique projects and gain hands-on experience in:

Marine Conservation,
Veterinary & Animal Care,
Social & Community Development,
Equine Therapy
Teaching projects.

Through our unique combination of immersive cultural experience coupled with a fun and adventurous vacation package, volunteers discover the Caribbean from the perspective of the local people.

South America » Trinidad and Tobago
- Orientation, training and support
- Volunteer project placement
- Accommodation and meals
- Transport in-country
- Professional recommendation letter
- Mobile phone for use on the island

Finnula
LONDON

V2

I loved Tobago. This was my first time to the Caribbean but I wasn't fazed at all, mainly down to the intuitive and exemplary abilities of the host Jade. \
I got to work in a school for a week. The teachers were welcoming, interested and helpful. The children were an absolute joy and I miss them a lot tbh...\
I'm a big swimmer so having a beach within walking distance was a dream!! I swam most mornings, it was accessible and one of the cleanest beaches I have been on, cleanest islands actually. \
The locals were fantastic, one of my highlights was popping into Ruth on the walk home after the swim and getting her roti of the day.\
I look forward to going back!

Claudine
London

A wonderful family experience

I took part in the Teaching Project with my daughter and granddaughter helping out with remedial reading and classroom assistance. It was an enlightening experience for all of us. My granddaughter really enjoyed being in the school . It was lovely to see how well she and the students got on and exchanged their stories of differences and similarities in their respective schools.
We spent 5 days volunteering and 5 days exploring the islands amazing beaches and scenery. It was a perfect combination.
Jade, our V2 host was a delight and made our trip such a great experience.

This was my first experience volunteering and I would be hard pressed to find fault with it.
If anything, it has made me want to sign up for more volunteering abroad in the very near future.

Sian
UK

A completely immersive experience

The V2 experience allowed me to go deeper in to the culture than you ever could on holiday.I have come home feeling like I understand the culture, the history and the people - and with a longing to go back to those beautiful beaches and all night parties!

The whole experience was incredible.

Cecilia
London, UK

Thanks V2!

V2 Volunteering and Vacation gave me the possibility of experience real Jamaica. Within the scenario of International Development Jamaica is not given the importance it deserves. Through V2 I had instead the possibility to discover and understand Jamaica's problems and Jamaican's needs and then to provide help. Collaborating with local people, visiting amazing places, learning Jamaican culture has been possible only thanks to V2 great organization. The reciprocal process of teaching and learning I experienced in Jamaica will be important both for my personal and professional growth. V2 made me love Jamaica to the extent that I cannot wait to be back to enrich myself and contribute to Jamaica's development.

In my opinion this program could be improved by providing volunteers with more detailed informations about public transports and distances and by providing them with accommodation close to main the main roads.

Response from V2 Volunteer & Vacation

Hi Ceci,

Thank you for reviewing V2 and for all the great feedback! We enjoyed having you with us!

We realise that the selection of accommodation needs to improve. We have now certainly widened our accommodation list, to provide accommodation closer to main road and public transport links. And we have updated the V2 Handbook to provide more detailed information about getting around in Jamaica.

One love,

V2 Team

Reni
London, United Kingdom
School of Oriental and African Studies

Best work and fun experience imaginable!

My experience with V2 was truly incredible and particularly useful for realizing what I would like to pursue as a career and developed my interest in community development even further. Jamaica is an amazing country, which in many cases remains misunderstood, but through V2 and my work for the Social Development Commission I was able to create a real connection with the country and the people. I saw Jamaica as it truly is rather than the imagine created by the tourism industry.

I think the only weakness of the programme was the selection of accommodation and this aspect should be improved so that the place where participants stay is more convenient, cheaper and closer to main roads.

Response from V2 Volunteer & Vacation

Hi Reni,

Thank you for reviewing our program, we enjoyed having you with us and value your feedback!

We see everything lived up to expectation, expect for the accommodation, always a tricky one!

The reason we choose this particular accommodation for our volunteers is because it is safe, comfortable and has a swimming pool. For volunteers who like to get out and about more, and experience Jamaica independently we certainly see the inconvenience as it can be a long walk up a hill if the hot afternoon sun is shining. Thank you for pointing this out! We have now certainly widened our accommodation list, to provide accommodation closer to main road and public transport links.

One love,

V2 Team

Jo
Maryland
Goucher College

Profound experience!

Volunteering in Jamaica through V2 was perhaps the best decision that I made! The staff was very pleasant and always ready to assist me even through the process of getting enrolled in the program.
I believe that my extensive volunteer experience through the community development program, really gave me the hands on experience I needed. I was able to not just volunteer in a field that I was studying while in college, but also garner profound life experiences.
I have, and will continue to refer all my family and friends to V2.

Response from V2 Volunteer & Vacation

Thank you Jo!, your contributions to the project were certainly great. We hope to see you join us again very soon.

V2 develops 15-days immersion placements in Jamaica and Tobago. Students or professionals can volunteer in unique projects and gain hands-on experience in Marine Conservation, Veterinary & Animal Care, Community Development, Children & Youth or Teaching projects.

Through our programmes, volunteers gain an understanding of the