View Other Details
Child of Mercy Orphanage Centre (COMOC) was formed in 2010 and is situated within a half-acre walled plot close to Shelly Beach, and a five minute walk from the Likoni slum area south of Mombasa. It is home to 23 children – both boys and girls from ages 5-15 years. Before getting here the children had lives without any prospects: They are orphans without a family, neglected and abandoned children who lived on the street or from poor families who could not afford to take care of the children.
Child of Mercy Orphanage Centre is situated close to Shelly Beach and a five minute walk from the Likoni slum area south of Mombasa across the Likoni Ferry. It is 10 minutes from Timbwani Nursery and Primary School and about half an hour to the large supermarket back across the ferry in Mombasa. The house is set within a half-acre walled plot with poultry area, veg plot and space to play games with the children.
- Orientation will begin in the morning of the 1st September 2018 at ACoH offices and you will be picked up from accommodation and taken to the orientation will be conducted by ACoH staff in Nairobi and cover everything you need to know for your
- By staying in the same house with the children, volunteers are completely integrated in their lives. As a volunteer you will stay upstairs on the first floor, so you have your own area with separated rooms, shower, flush-toilet, lou
- As a volunteer you could help us take care of the children during their free time, helping them with their homework and playing games with them. Your work may also include preparing food for the children, general cleaning and washing
- There will be an opportunity to visit a local market, visit Vasco Da gama, Diani Beach,Fort Jesus, Old Town,Tiwi beach,Malindi,hippo point in Kisumu, and visit the islands in Kisumu, Impala Park.and many other historical place around the
- Project fee 4500 euros which includes project work, housing, all Meals, transport from the airport pickup/return and to the project site, and 24 hours on side staff support.