View Other Details
Airport Pick up/Transfer
Certificate of completion
Breakfast and Dinner
Not included in the fee:
Local SIM card you need to purchase
Tour / Safaris
Personal expenses on soft drinks and foods
Whether you're excited about marine conservation in Mombasa (Indian Ocean-Coastal region of Kenya) or dream of teaching soccer in Kibera (one of the largest slums in Africa), you are most welcome to help.
CONSERVATION: If you're a water lover, join a program for marine life conservation in Mombasa. join us and help in cleaning the ocean that we are serving. We also do Educational campaigns in the schools around the ocean by teaching them about environment conservation and swimming classes and ocean literacy lessons which will involve our international volunteers. It's a unique opportunity for international volunteers to explore the city and the communities we are serving
ENVIRONMENT: Volunteers concerned about climate change help us in participating in our environmental activities with our students.
COMMUNITY SERVICES: If you're a people person, we have the following opportunities to help/participate; School Construction, culture, and the arts, NGO management, and media
- You will have opportunity to experience the true African way of life, which will expand your perspective of the world, and memories that you'll never forget during your weekend excursions & safaris
- The programs are many and suitable for volunteers from the age of 14 years and above, High School & University Students, Professionals, Couples & Families with their children, and Adults of 50+ years
- After the completion of your online/ Onsite volunteer offer, UCESCO will write you a good and official recommendation letter and Certificate of appreciation/Recognition for your time and service to us
- Our project site is truly an exciting place to be, a place where you can really make a difference. UCESCO - Kenya has a 100% safety record & we try to maintain it as Kenyans are friendly by nature.
- Orientation of activities is done every Monday to understand all other programs we have in case you are flexible & interested to help other programs/activities. Opportunity to rotate to other program
KEY ACHIEVEMENTS IN HEALTH
213 expectant women who were offered counseling and HIV testing accepted the services and received their results.
3600 women who were empowered to access antenatal care check-ups.
Donated hand washing stations to 15 schools and public stations in Kibera, Kayole, Mukuru Kwa Njenga, and Mathare to keep the children and the communities safe from the current Covid-19 pandemic.
4600 trees planted were in different areas.