Located at the heart of the Indian Ocean, the islands of the Maldives are an excellent habitat for the largest fish on earth: the whale shark. As a volunteer in this fascinating project you get the chance to make an active contribution to species conservation work and help protect these vulnerable animals.
You and your international team of volunteers will get a unique insight into the natural paradise of the Maldives, and are bound to have an unforgettable experience. Your group will be responsible for checking population levels, taking photos and measuring the whale sharks. Afterwards, the information have to be sorted and entered into a database. During the project you will also get the chance to work with locals on the island: you will exchange knowledge and stories, and gather information which is vital for the work of the project.
Get involved as a species volunteer with Natucate on the heavenly islands of the Maldives and experience the beauty of nature!
- Help conserve and research endangered whale sharks in the Maldives
- Acquire valuable conservation know-how
- Swim together with impressive whale sharks
- Experience the beauty of the Maldives, a true tropical paradise
- Encounter marine animals like rays, dolphins and turtles