Palms Australia’s global development program places skilled volunteers in long-term placements in remote communities to build the skills of local people. Palms Australia only places volunteers in communities that request their specific skills, which empowers them to achieve their unique goals.
Our partner communities in Myanmar have requested talented Organisational development mentors, Agriculture specialists, Organic Farming specialists, and Animal husbandry mentors to support sustainable business development in the remote regions of Pathein and Myeik. Over two years you will deliver expert training to the team of local business owners looking to develop sustainable agricultural practices that are supported by the local environment.
Not only will you support these local farmers, but your own knowledge of land management and sustainability will also be enhanced through working in a new climate and environment.
- Strengthen your expertise in agribusiness and sustainable farming.
- Use your skills to help a developing community build sustainable solutions to poverty.
- Immerse yourself in a new culture in the stunning, untouched remote region of Pathein or Myeik.
- Accommodation, pastoral support, a basic living allowance, return travel and a comprehensive insurance policy provided throughout your time in the field.
- Receive Palms Australia's comprehensive, expert-led cross-cultural preparation training prior to departure.