Welcome to the land of the golden pagodas and breathtaking natural vistas! Many travelers experience Myanmar (also "Burma") as pristine as no other country in tropical Asia. Our main location in Myanmar is the former capital of Yangon (also: Rangun), which is the country's urban and cultural centre. However, we also arrange internships and volunteering options in other cities of the country, and in rural areas.
Our internship and volunteering options in Myanmar include:
* Sustainable organic farming and environmental conservation
* Reduction of and education about plastic waste
* Event and campaign management
* Social work, nursing and medical aid at a Buddhist Center
* Urban renewal, renovation of buildings and architecture
* Hotel and tour operator internships
* Arts, Marketing, Design and Empowerment of local artists
- Expand your intercultural skills by working closely together with people from your host country
- Gain experience in your field of interest and get a different perspective by doing an internship abroad
- Dedicate your time and skills to a good cause by volunteering in one of our charitable projects
- Explore the naturals wonders and beautiful sights of Myanmar in your free time
Clean Climate Footprint - Remote Internships - Covid-19 Travel Update!
* We offer Remote Internships in many subject areas if you want to work from home and still gain international work experience!
* Covid-19 Update: Traveling to Tanzania and Zanzibar is now possible again! Contact us for Corona safety information!
The Thabarwas Buddhist Center provides home, nutrition, nursing and medical care for around 2500 people in need. According to your interests, volunteers can help in different areas of the center, including cleaning, nursing, teaching, or social activities with the elderly. The center offers free accommodation and meals to volunteers. You can learn how to meditate with the nuns and monks who also live on the grounds of the center.
In Myanmar, waste management exists only to a small scale and garbage often ends up in the environment. The Irrawaddy River in Myanmar washes 200 tons of plastic waste into the sea every day. A local NGO is committed to offering alternatives to plastic products and raises awareness of shopkeepers, tourists, hotels, restaurants, etc. on how to reduce their plastic consumption. You can support the organization in communications, marketing, waste management, photography and sustainable tourism!
Would you like to learn how tropical organic farming works? On a tropical farm around 2.5 hours from Yangon, you can learn about sustainable agricultural techniques and environmental conservation in agriculture. The farm also runs an agricultural training center where young farmers can gain skills and knowledge about natural resource-saving ecologically sustainable agricultural production.
Tourism in a larger scale has only recently started in Myanmar, but is strongly growing. You can get to know tourism in Myanmar and gain valuable practical experience through a hotel or tour operator internship at the emerging tourist destination Myanmar. You can train your skills in customer care, service, marketing, social media, guest relations and improve your foreign language skills through communicating with customers from all over the world!
Yangon is the only city in Asia with its historic core still intact. As a volunteer in this project, you can help to renovate buildings of historical importance and upgrade public spaces. Internships and volunteer placements in fields such as Building Conservation, Anthropology, Architecture, Civil Engineering, Construction, Craftsmanship, Urban Development, Interior Design, Landscape Design, Management, Entrepreneurship, Education and waste management are possible.