Fighting with the poor - Volunteer in Africa or Asia

Academy for working children
Volunteer

Fighting with the poor program offers studying which consists of a range of intense and spirited activities, theoretical studies and experiences that constitute the sum of learning. After study period you're off to travel period where you will be making investigations, meeting people, visiting their workplaces, understanding their problems, meeting their culture and values. In the project work in Africa or India takes place in cooperation with Humana People to People. In this period you can work at: educating teachers for rural areas, schools for street children, sanitation and hygiene in rural areas, tree planting campaigns - as one of the examples.

For final conclusion you will come back to Norway with your team to share your experiences with other teams in the school. Showing, telling, exchanging experiences and making it common knowledge.

6 months - Study
3 months - Travel
6 months - Volunteer
3 months - Conclusion

• Travel with your international team
  • Volunteer abroad together with you team in Africa or Asia
  • Meet like-minded people from all over the world
  • Option to fundraise costs of the program
  • Seek for new adventures and life-changing experiences

Margaret

Good start for high school graduates

I've always liked to study and my dream was to visit India and so I managed. I enjoy my stay at the school, met a lot of nice people, some of them friends for life.

I did not always agree with everything in the program but it was totally worth it to pass through and fulfill my Indian dream. The work with kids was amazing! Although, of course, the culture shock was also something....

A bit more organization skills training for everyone won't hurt
Veronica

Great experience!

This was my first after school experience abroad and it was great! Loved the self studies, loved the seminars at the school, all the different activities, evening programs, yes, sometimes it feels like you are getting a submarine disease, since you live in the mountains but in summer the place just blooms with possibilities.

Work in India was challenging however we had support from the project leader, we could travel around as well, during weekends and holidays to make most out of the stay in the country.

Sometimes hard to deal with different peolpe from different countries but it is rewarding and the children just love you!