Another Kind of School – Volunteering in Africa/Asia

The Project Work in Africa or India takes place in cooperation with Humana People to People. In this period you can work at:

- Teacher training colleges – educating teachers for rural areas.
- Vocational schools for young people.
- Schools for street children.
- Preschools.
- Sanitation and hygiene in rural areas.
- Tree planting campaigns.
- Raising funds for social projects by forming partnerships and selling second hand clothes and shoes.
- Stopping the spread of HIV/AIDS (following the program TCE/Total Control of the Epidemic).

2 year program including 6 months Development Work in Africa or India. Training at university level, leading to an A-Certificate in "Fighting with The Poor" (in cooperation with One World University, Mozambique). English required.

Margaret

Good start for high school graduates

I\ve always liked to study and my dream was to visit India and so I managed. I enjoy my stay at the school, met a lot of nice people, some of them friends for life.
I did not always agree with everything in the program but it was totally worth it to pass through and fulfill my Indian dream. The work with kids was amazing! Although, of course, the culture shock was also something....

A bit more organization skills training for everyone won't hurt
Veronica

Great experience!

This was my first after school experience abroad and it was great! Loved the self studies, loved the seminars at the school, all the different acticities, evening programs, yes, sometimes it feels like you are getting a submarine disease, since you live in the mountains but in summer the place just blooms with possibilities.
Work in India was challenging however we had support from the project leader, we could travel around as well, during weekends and holidays to make most out of the stay in the country.

Sometimes hard to deal with different peolpe from different countries but it is rewarding and the children just love you!

About One World Institute

In 1970 teachers and their students from Scandinavia started to prepare for the travel of their lifetime with the following slogan:

"Let the world be your classroom, and the people you meet your teachers."

Since the beginning thousands of national...