Wildcat Project in South Africa - Jamso Trainee

The project aims to provide a safe haven to wild animals that are in need of a home and to ensure that injured and traumatized animals receive proper medical care. The Rehabilitation Centre and Sanctuary is in the Free State region and you are part of this amazing experience. The farm offers you an opportunity to work / interact with the wild animals and gain experience in activities like cleaning, building enclosures, feeding and more with the wild animals, as well as the opportunity to unwind in a relaxing Free State setting. We strive to make life as normal as possible for wild animals by ensuring their happiness and wellbeing. You, as a volunteer, have the opportunity to assist in making this happen.

• Caring for the amazing big cats
  • Experience the farm animals living free amongst the wild animals
  • Be part of a very passionate team
  • Learn about conservation and Africa’s wild animals
  • Tours during your free days such as visit Kruger National Park

Impact

Volunteer tasks:
· Animal: working with raw meat, enclosure cleaning, removing ticks, bathing and more.
· Environmental: manual labour, carrying heavy items, getting dirty, working in the rain, and more.
· Humanitarian: cleaning up after yourself, kitchen duty, and more.
· Building: mixing concrete manually; pick up garbage off site, removing vegetation and more.
Projects will sometimes start with one group and be finish with next group. Some examples of projects include, but are not limited to:
· Construction of shading for view areas
· Building a dam
· Building of a Meerkats Manor with jungle gym per each unit
· Removing of intrusive plants
· Constructing a retirement village for Bearded Dragons
· Experiencing new ways to attract birds
· Planting of trees
· Maintaining of roads (filling, scraping, levelling and more.)
· Trimming trees alongside roads

Still looking for a program?

We are working on over 50 projects around the world. Click below to find the right one for you!

Christoph

Fantastic - amazing experiance

I spent three weeks volunteering in July/August this year. I enjoyed every second I spent there, interacting with the friendly, approachable staff, who's knowledge of the program and animals is incredible. They really make you feel like you are part of the team and making a difference. I didn’t really know what to expect before I arrived but it was better than I could have ever imagined. Jamso Trainee did respond very fast to all my questions and helped me a lot to plan my trip. The staff create a friendly and safe environment, as well as continue to pass on their knowledge to the volunteers. I had a great time with other volunteers and we often hanged out at the evening together.

Everything was amazing! Thanks again for a great time.