The project aims to provide a safe haven to wild animals that are in need of a home and to ensure that injured and traumatized animals receive proper medical care. The Rehabilitation Centre and Sanctuary is in the Free State region and you are part of this amazing experience. The farm offers you an opportunity to work / interact with the wild animals and gain experience in activities like cleaning, building enclosures, feeding and more with the wild animals, as well as the opportunity to unwind in a relaxing Free State setting. We strive to make life as normal as possible for wild animals by ensuring their happiness and wellbeing. You, as a volunteer, have the opportunity to assist in making this happen.
- Caring for the amazing big cats
- Experience the farm animals living free amongst the wild animals
- Be part of a very passionate team
- Learn about conservation and Africa’s wild animals
- Tours during your free days such as visit Kruger National Park
· Animal: working with raw meat, enclosure cleaning, removing ticks, bathing and more.
· Environmental: manual labour, carrying heavy items, getting dirty, working in the rain, and more.
· Humanitarian: cleaning up after yourself, kitchen duty, and more.
· Building: mixing concrete manually; pick up garbage off site, removing vegetation and more.
Projects will sometimes start with one group and be finish with next group. Some examples of projects include, but are not limited to:
· Construction of shading for view areas
· Building a dam
· Building of a Meerkats Manor with jungle gym per each unit
· Removing of intrusive plants
· Constructing a retirement village for Bearded Dragons
· Experiencing new ways to attract birds
· Planting of trees
· Maintaining of roads (filling, scraping, levelling and more.)
· Trimming trees alongside roads