- Hands on work with rescued dogs.
- Independent program means you eat what you want, when you want.
- Live in a cabin at the centre by yourself- no sharing! :)
- Live an hour from the sea, the mountains or great shopping.
- State of the art doggie rehabilitation program including lasers and hydrotherapy (not at the same time).
In Spain, Galgos – Spanish greyhounds - are used primarily to hunt hares in the countryside. As “hunting dogs” these dogs are not seen as companion animals and often have difficult lives filled with neglect and abuse. Falling under the category of agricultural animals, they are not protected by Spanish law or given the same level of care that other house animals receive. And once their ability to chase and help with the hunt declines, most of these dogs are abandoned - many culled in horrific and cruel ways.
Our rescued Galgos are given medical care, physiotherapy, aqua-therapy, socialization and love until they can be adopted. This centre adopts these rehabilitated dogs to new homes all over the world, including places as far away as Norway and Canada.
Volunteers assess and treat sick and injured dogs and cats, socialize the dogs, take part in feeding times, clean and help build around the centre!