Top Volunteer Projects in Sri Lanka

Top Volunteer Projects in Sri Lanka

GoEco was created by experienced volunteers for people who are eager to travel and contribute to the community, wildlife and environment they visit. Join us in Sri Lanka for the opportunity to give back to its unique communities, while having an authentic and unforgettable experience.

• Child Care and Community Work: Volunteer with local communities providing support and care through a range of different opportunities while enjoying the diverse landscape of Sri Lanka.
  • Sea Turtle Rescue and Rehabilitation: Volunteer for turtle conservation on one of Sri Lanka's spectacular beaches while also providing aid to the local communities and immersing yourself in their unique culture
Asia » Sri Lanka

Tolontan
Bucharest Romania

Love tops all, and other ideas from Sri Lanka

After two weeks at the disabled orphanage in Kandy, Sri Lanka, I came to realize that love is the foundation of every community worldwide. Meeting people who have nothing to lose and open up their livesto strangers who want to help them is just what happened to me during the two weeks I spent at this project Sri Lanka.
Seeing people who have nothing in their lifes, but eachother s friendship is an experience words can not describe. After the daily 6 hours of polishing nails, dancing to indian music, feeding newborns, listening to long singhalese monologues and lots of smiling,I couldn t help but feel greatful I had the chance to meet these people. The most amazing thing that happened was when one if the differently abled girls was crying, another one wheel-chaired hairself next to hair, held her hand, smiled and the other one stopped crying. I was left dumbfounded.

NOTGING. and that is the bottom line to it

Matt
London, England
Leeds Metropolitan University

Adventure is out there

I wanted a summer that was not spent on a beech in a European country. I wanted adventure, to challenge myself and to do things I have never done before.

I choose to go to Sri Lanka for 2 weeks with GoEco and volunteer. Many of my friends thought I was crazy but the day I arrived and started I knew I had made the correct decision.

Over my time I volunteered on a turtle conservation center looking after disabled turtles who had missing fins, were blind or could not swim properly. Nursing them back to health, feeding them, cleaning them and helping them recover. It was very rewarding and such a unique experience.

I got to travel all over Sri Lanka, meeting some amazing people who were involved in the project. Tried all the local food and really got to understand what life was like.

It was everything I wanted and had such a great time. From start to finish GoEco where there to advise and guide me through any questions I had.

There was plenty of time spent with turtles the only thing I would change is having a bit more time organised. We had a lot of free time and I am not someone who likes to relax and not be doing much

GoEco is a leading eco-tourism company with a varied selection of affordable volunteer projects abroad. We act as a gateway to over 150 extraordinary community, wildlife and environmental initiatives all over the world thanks to our great partnerships. Join one of our rewarding projects and