This wonderful project was created with the goal of helping to improve the education of kids in Thailand. The founder of this project has over 30 years experience in teaching English to kids in Thailand. She started this wonderful program to change lives of Thai children and show volunteers the Thai culture. Jamso Trainee works with local organizations that offer free programs teaching English in local schools. The volunteers’ role in the classroom depends on the school as well as their own comfort level. This project is located about 1,5 hours from Bangkok.
- Gain experiance teaching children
- Get into the Thai culture, cooking lessons or Thai boxing in the afternoons are typical experience for kids and volunteers
- Be part of events: teaching monks once a month, cooking thai food, on public holidays: teaching kids in your homestay
- Visit locations around and get more culture experience
- Meeting volunteers from all over the world and have special events on weekends for monks (once a month)
Volunteers will be paired with a Thai teacher and have the option of simply helping out with daily lessons, or if confident, can jump straight in and start taking their own lessons. On public holidays (October) the kids will come to your location and you will teach and play with them. The local stuff will assist you during that time. This program teaches you more about other cultures and places, allowing for shared cross cultural teaching and understanding.
A volunteer day will have between 4 to 6 hours. In Thailand as a volunteer it is good to be flexible as Volunteers help in school where help is needed. A typical day could be like:
7.00 am Breakfast in your volunteer house
after, going to school close to your accommodation
8.00 - 8.30 am starting with volunteer duties
around 12.30 break and lunch at your volunteer house
in the afternoon, playing with the kids or activities like Thai boxing which you can join.