Wild animals in Thailand are experiencing pressures from many sources – loss of habitat, hunting, the illegal pet trade, use of animals by the entertainment industry, and cruelty and abuse by people. In an attempt to help native wildlife this organization runs several projects including hands-on wildlife rescue, medical care, wildlife rehabilitation, community education and research. Built on temple land, the centre provides the animals with a huge plot of forest to shelter in during their rehabilitation, or for some to live in for the rest of their lives.
At the centre you can find many species of macaques, gibbons, civets, loris, small and big cats (leopards and tigers), bears, crocodiles and birds. The animals receive medical treatment when necessary and are nursed back to health with the goal always being to release them into the wild if possible. Animals that cannot be reintroduced to the wild can spend the rest of their lives in a sanctuary.
Prepare to get messy!
- Hands on work with orangutans, hornbills and sunbears!
- No experience necessary. All volunteers are trained on safe and ethical wild animal handling techniques.
- Live at the site for easy commute from bed to animals in no time! :)
- All meals are included, you don't need to worry about cooking.
- Accredited and safe animal sanctuary work. There is absolutely no elephant riding or selfies with chained tigers.