Immersive Summer Abroad Program Uganda

$250 contribution to your flight when you travel with us...!!!

For a limited time we are giving anyone who applies for qualifying programs and travels with us before 31st May 2019 $250 off their flights! So hurry, hurry, hurry...!!!

Africa & Asia Venture (AV) is one of the oldest gap year providers. Since 1993 AV has been offering unique immersive programs in Africa and Asia for those aged 17-25. You live and work in the local community in a group with fellow participants from around the world.

“So much fun I would do it again 100 times, there are few things better than connecting with a community like this.” Adam, Uganda AV volunteer.

Experience this beautiful African country from the inside - as so much more than a tourist. On our immersive summer programs, you live as the locals do and share your skills with the community. It's an incredible opportunity to give back while gaining a truly global perspective on the world.

Accommodation: You'll live in a self-catered house with the other AV participants while you undertake your project work.

Project: Tell us where your skills lie and we can ensure they are used to the full in one of our partner communities. It could be teaching, sports coaching, art, music, drama, community work... You'll have a lot of independence and freedom to make the most of the project in your own way, but we are always on hand.

Adventure: At weekends, you are free to travel. Bungee jumping or rafting the Nile are unmissable options!

• Lake Victoria
  • The River Nile
  • Bungee-jumping
  • White water rafting

Emily

Well organised, great experience

AV are made up of a great team, who take your experience seriously. They are a small organisation, so can give you much more personal attention than huge organisations, which are solely interested in taking your money. I had a fab time with AV and still see my AV friends regularly.

Eliot

AV Uganda

The best thing about AV is the high level of independence you are granted, many projects have day to day leaders telling you when to wake up, how to act appropriately and so forth. whereas AV set you up with a house and a teaching job in one village and the rest is up to you. for me this was exciting and it allowed me to think for myself about what i wanted to get out of the program as well as allowing me to familiarise myself with my surroundings. if you do AV in Uganda you will work hard during the weeks teaching the kids and on the weekends you can party as hard as you want, go white water rafting, bungee jumping, quad biking along the nile, see the gorillas, do a safari. you will not regret going to Uganda with AV it's the best trip you will ever do.

probably more money from AV to do some more classroom repairs would have been nice. but we raised our own before we left (something i would suggest everyone does)

About Africa & Asia Venture (AV)

Africa & Asia Venture (AV) offers adventure travel and unique immersive volunteering and work experience programs in Africa and Asia for those aged 17 to 25.

You will live and volunteer in the local community with fellow participants from around the...