Purposeful Play and Education Outside the Classroom

Aspect Africa, some of our community coaches
Aspect Africa, some of our community coaches
Camping on the banks of the Luvhuvhu river with the Kruger National Park on the other side, a perfect setting to watch elephant from.
Mupinga Primary school, boys champion at the Great Limpopo Transfrontier Park Cultural Fair Conservation Tournament.
Merlin,  our newest volunteer, with Vincent, one of  our volunteer coordinator for South Africa enjoying a trip in Makuya Park.
Merlin, our newest volunteer, with Vincent, one of our volunteer coordinator for South Africa enjoying a trip in Makuya Park.
Merlin helping out Tshilidzi on his up coming talk on poaching for a TED-Ed Club - Student Led Talks.
Girls football tournament South Africa
Girls football tournament South Africa
Some fun on the field with kids from Bennde-Mutale
Some fun on the field with kids from Bennde-Mutale
Mutele Primary School, education outside the classroom.
Mutele Primary School, education outside the classroom.

Aspect Africa enables community-based organizations around the Great Limpopo Transfrontier Park in Southern Africa to find pathways to sustainable funding through the creation and development of volunteer solutions.

These programs are owned by local community-based organizations. We firmly believe in giving ownership to communities, providing viable economic income for cash-poor communities through the utilization of local host families, job creation by only hiring local, and practical skills development over time.

By joining Aspect Africa you will have a direct and long-lasting impact on the children and youth of communities in South Africa and Zimbabwe, rural, under-resourced communities that are under-serviced by national, provincial and local governments. Join us in the Heart of the Great Limpopo Transfrontier Park, help organize cross-border tournaments, relax on the Limpopo river or in the Kruger National Park, and most of all, enjoy an in-depth cultural experience.

• Enjoy an immersive cultural experience by living with a host family in the community
  • Learn about Purposeful Play and Education Outside the Classroom through our sports programme
  • Live in the Heart of the Great Limpopo Transfrontier Conservation Area
  • All activities included in our prices
  • Discover a forgotten corner of southern Africa, Crooks Corner

Impact

Community - Income Generation and Sustainable Funding
Host Family accommodation is utilized where possible thus creating much-needed income for households
Local volunteer coordinators employed
School - Improve overall education, help Orphans & Vulnerable Children (OVCs), provide sanitary pads and school materials.
School teaching materials will be donated
For each volunteer placed, funds will be made to help a vulnerable child pay for a year's school fees.
The support and assistance of homework clubs if they are established at local schools
Donation of sanitary pads for female students
Help students prepare for interviews and confidently complete applications and bursary forms for university or other higher education

10% Summer Special Discount

Aspect Africa is offering a summer special, a 10% discount on our programmes for volunteers applying through GoOverseas, valid until July 30th. Discover, Learn, Empower with Aspect Africa.

William

Adventure, sports and fun

I have always loved football, so to combine my love of football and travel/adventure, Aspect Africa and their community sports project seemed ideal for me. The programme is well run with their trained community coaches, the materials they use for the educational games are well made and focus on great topics, HIV/AIDs, conservation, gender equality. Their material is made in conjunction with an organisation called Coaches Across Continents whose focus is on sport for social impact.

The activities were fun, seeing elephants will never bore me, the bush was very dry because of limited rains but there were still plenty of animals to see. Living in with a host family was great if not nervy at the start, to see life being lived on a daily bases was an eye-opener and one I would highly recommend.

Ladina

My adventure in South Africa

After finishing high school, I wanted to discover some parts of the world I have never been to. I decided to volunteer with Friends of Mutale in South Africa - and that was one of the best decisions I have ever made. I stayed with a lovely local host family in a remote village, which is the most immersive way to learn about another culture and their way of life. The kids I worked with were wonderful, and I'd say I learnt as much from them as they learnt from me. Being so close to Kruger Park also meant lots of adventures in nature - may that be lazy river rafting on a hot summer day or discovering the big 5. I also had the opportunity to travel around a little, to the Drakensberg and Mozambique, for example. Overall, it was an amazing experience and I would not want to miss it!

What was the most unfamiliar thing you ate?
Mopane worms! Though I can count a few things ;)
Such as buffalo, salted ants - healthy snack?, chicken feet, baobab fruit, marula fruit, .... and though it is fun to try new things, I would also like to point out that the food was very delicious.