View Other Details
Melbourne Grammar School can assist the successful applicants by applying for their visa on their behalf.
Each year, the School welcomes volunteer Gap Assistants from the United Kingdom. If you want to become more independent, experience another culture, and work and travel with friendly, like-minded people, our gap year experience might be the right opportunity for you.
Gap assistants engage in the life of the School, supporting, and participating in, activities both within and outside the classroom.
Our campus locations are near the heart of Melbourne so you’ll live close to beaches and parks, great shopping, and bespoke cafés. Cultural and sporting districts, including the famous Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG), are right on your doorstep.
- Safe and secure accommodation within our boarding precinct
- An allowance to cover other living expenses
- Time off on weekends and during school holidays to explore Melbourne, one of the world’s most livable cities, and other areas of Australia
- Three meals a day during term time
- Sponsorship of a Temporary Activity visa (subclass 408)