• Australia

Pricing

$607 USD
$899 AUD

What's Included
Accommodation Activities Airport Transfers Some Meals SIM cards Tour Guide Transportation
What's Not Included
Airfare Meals Visa
Apr 14, 2021
Sep 27, 2021

Welcome To Travel: Melbourne is Australia's most unique, diverse and most of all FUN arrival package. It couldn't be a better start to your stay in this wonderful country!

Welcome To Travel: Melbourne founders Adam and Darryl left the UK in 2010 and after backpacking Australia, made Melbourne their home, now they want to welcome you to this fantastic city.

Your Aussie bucket list will be ticked off as you feed a kangaroo, grab a snap with a koala and even have a go at surfing.

You'll also be treated all week as you go wine tasting, dine by the Yarra River, indulge in a food tour and get taken on a bar crawl.

You'll also have the simple things sorted, including a personalised airport pickup, 7 nights accommodation and your Australian admin needs (bank account, tax file number and employment help) if required.

Program Highlights

• 2 day / 1 night trip including surf, wine tasting, kangaroos, koalas, penguins and more!
  • Airport Shuttle and 7 nights YHA Accommodation.
  • Welcome Meal, Food and Drink Tour, Bar Crawl and Farewell BBQ.
  • City Exploring and Beach Time.
  • Bank setup, Tax File Number Set Up, Phone Sim and Lifetime Membership to our Employment Service.

• Staff 10
  • Organization 10
Lizzy

Best decision!!

Booking a tour with Welcome to Travel is by far the best decision I've ever made! Thanks to all the legends working here we've made so many unforgettable memories during and after the tour.

After the best 8 days with your new travelfam you won't be alone! The expertise of the WTT team is so valuable and for me as a solo traveler they really made me feel confident to go out and start living my dream gapyear!

Making new friends, roadtripping, winetasting, surfing, sightseeing and so much more!

Wouldnt change a thing! WTT has already thought of everything you need to take care of :)
Rooftop Hangs
Logan

Awesome Start to My Year in Australia!

I honestly wasn’t sold on the concept initially. I wasn’t really concerned about being able to make friends or get around a new city, but I looked into what they offer a little more carefully and it seemed like a great time. Darryl, Adam (co-founders), Clauds, and their whole team are awesome! I ended up having an incredible time and the support they offer after your experience is above and beyond. The whole experience is really well thought out. It has a lot of variety and activities without feeling rushed. Highly recommend. Really can’t think of anything that they could improve on. Worth starting in Melbourne even if you were thinking of flying in somewhere else.

What was your funniest moment?
The pub crawl is great! It was hilarious seeing the group in that environment after doing adventure activities all week. I think my first surf lesson was maybe the funniest moment for everyone watching.
Laura

Cannot recommended highly enough

As a solo female traveler heading off on my own for the first time I was pretty nervous but Welcome to Travel (WTT) made everything in the first week (and thereafter too) so easy.
They really care about you, as a person, and being travellers themselves they can relate to the stresses and anxiety you may be having. From them arranging transport from the airport to the hostel to the ongoing support I still get today, a few years on, I can’t fault them. Book with WTT; you honestly won’t regret it.

If you did this all over again, what's one thing you would change?
Absolutely nothing. The experience was amazing……..
Ruari

Melbourne 8 day arrival package

Had an incredible trip exploring Melbourne, Mornington and Phillip Island. Would highly recommend Welcome to Travel, they made it super easy to navigate between the different spots and managed to see an unbelievable in a short time without it being overwhelming. Definitely one of the best trips I’ve ever done, so many incredible places. It has given me a great insight into Australia and I will definitely be using Welcome to Travel in the future.

Not possible.
Timothy

Awesome!

Absolute legends. Great service, awesome staff, extremely good knowledge about the travel industry. 100% will be booking again. Hahahahaha everything was booked to precision, really well timed, can’t wait to book more tours. Anyone coming to Melbourne, I would strongly advise contacting these guys for anything. They have great understanding of the backpacker lifestyle (having done it themselves) and they’ll always provide you with loss of options.y time in Melbourne would have been a lot more stressful without them!

It can’t. Keep being legends
Bryan

Ideal First Week in Australia

The week in Melbourne with Welcome to Travel really was everything that I could have hoped for and more! It was packed with cool activities and we were always out doing something interesting. There were fun beach activities like paddle boarding and surfing (which was particularly amazing) and we also got to see the Australian wildlife at a park with kangaroos and koalas and then watched penguins at the beach. They also took us on a food tour one day and to other cool restaurants and bars throughout the week. Lastly, the week ended with a bar crawl on Saturday night which was fun to experience Melbourne nightlife before a nice, relaxing barbecue and hangout on Sunday. It was great to be able to do all of these things just in the first week and in an enjoyable atmosphere with a group of other travelers as well as with experts like Adam and Darryl as guides. They really are so knowledgeable about Melbourne and Australia in general and they’re both such fun and friendly guys too so they are the perfect people to start an Australian journey with. From the assistance dealing with banking, phones, and jobs at the start, to all of the info and recommendations that they gave during and since that first week, and then to them creating a custom trip for the rest of Australia for you if you want, they truly give you everything that you would need or want to know. Without a doubt, I would 100% recommend this tour to anyone looking to come to Australia.

Megan

Deserves more than 10

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
My week with welcome to travel! What an amazing week!
my welcome to Australia was more perfect than I could have imagined. Iv met some of the greatest people who also just arrived in Australia. People who I have made plans to carry on traveling with. And of course Adam and Daryl the two most lovely, fun amazing guys. They completely made the trip with there amazing enthusiasm and of course Daryls amazing fact! (Ask him all about koalas)
So we started with a meet and greet getting to know everybody followed by a tour around Melbourne . This was fantastic. We were shown a lot of things I wouldn't of noticed walking around by myself. Make sure you have plenty of charge in your camera or phone for amazing photo opportunities. We finished the day with a big family meal. (It was like a big travel family by the end!)
There's heaps more things you get up to during the week such as skydive! This was extra but what an opportunity! This in my opinion is a must do! Its the best view of the trip!!
My favourite two days by far was heading out the city and into Mornington bay and Phillip island. Not just because of the wine tasting but also watching the little fairy Penguins waddle home and getting up close with koalas and kangaroos! I done my first surf lesson too and if they got me standing they can get anyone standing!! It was incredible. Those two days felt like a true Aussie experience!
Not only surfing the next day back in st kilda was more of a relaxed day. Catching some sun on the beach and of course a bit of stand up paddle boarding! It's a must try.
So not only do these guys plan awesome activities they set you up ready for Australia. They set up a bank and help you out with work. And once that's done it's time to party! We went on a city bar crawl. Another great way of seeing the city! And finally BBQ! A true Aussie cuisine on the roof top of the hostel with a cold beer! Perfect way to end a perfect trip!

Lauren

Top trip

Honestly the best two day introduction into Melbourne and the surrounding areas. We had a group of mainly girls and not only did I meet some really great friends but we got to see some amazing things, including penguin parade (AMAZING but wrap up super warm) surfing lessons, wine tasting and even got a cheeky chocolate factory stop. There were a couple of surprises thrown in along the way which I thought was a really nice touch. Adam and Darryl put in so much effort to make this trip amazing for everybody and it definitely paid off. They're not your standard tour guides, they really get involved and genuinely have fun with you. I could not recommend this tour company enough, you are guaranteed to have a good time and I am looking forward to booking on to the next event.