NOLS Semester in the Yukon

NOLS Semester in the Yukon

An action-packed learning adventure, this semester begins and ends in Whitehorse, Yukon Territory, Canada, and it takes place entirely in Canada's subarctic, where remote, wild land stands unparalleled. For 57 days your expedition will explore the wilds of the Yukon with a backpack and canoe seeing few people along the way.

In fact, with a ratio of six caribou and one moose to every Yukon resident, you're more likely to share this vast wilderness with animals than with humans. Along your route, you will fish, cross unnamed rivers, summit unnamed peaks, and explore the same areas as turn-of-the-century gold seekers.

North America » Canada
Program Tags
Adventure Travel
Study Abroad
Wilderness
Primary Language
Scholarships, Financial Aid, and Academic Credit available.

Lisa
Nashville, TN

Amazing Experience. Wouldn't Trade It For Anything.

I would recommend this course to anyone looking to learn about themselves and grow. My instructors were amazing, the curriculum was difficult but meaningful, and I walked away with a lot of insight about who I am and what I'm capable of. 10/10 would do it again.

Max
Minneapolis
University of Minnesota

Amazing Experience!

A semester in the Yukon is an amazing experience. I did courses in backpacking and whitewater canoeing. The landscape and terrain were breathtaking both in the mountains and along the river. We encountered bears, moose, caribou, and wolverines. However, the leadership and communication skills learned were definitely the best part. I still apply what I learned in the Yukon everyday and the lessons and skills learned have remained with me. The instructors in the field and staff at the branch were wonderful and helped make the experience flow seamlessly. Thy supported us throughout the whole expedition. I would highly recommended a course in the Yukon.

Better communication beforehand on what to expect.

NOLS is a nonprofit global wilderness school that will help you step forward boldly as a leader.

We believe that anyone can be a leader; it's our role to provide the environment and training to help you discover your full potential. We do that in