• Canada

3, 6, 11 & 18 week CASI or CSIA Training. Up to Level 1, 2 & 3
Panorama and Sunpeaks resorts
Included:
return airport transfers,
food* and accommodation(1-2 per room)
season lift pass,
Level 1 exam fee.
Membership to CSIA and CASI.
Thermal hot springs at Panorama
Discounts to: resort shops. Family Ski safari packages,
Major discount to family and clients with UK Ski & Snowboard store.
Extra week available
Single room available

Does not include:
Level 2 Exam fee $900CAD
*lunches and weekend meals,
insurance
Optional bolt on experiences eg Avalanche Skills Training, First Aid, Race Coach, Park Course
What's Included
Accommodation Activities Airport Transfers Some Meals Some Park Fees Transportation Wifi
What's Included (Extra)

Training, membership, discounts, assistance finding work, WSC merchandise

What's Not Included
Airfare Domestic Airfare Equipment Some Equipment Park Fees SIM cards Tour Guide Travel Insurance Visa
What's Not Included (Extra)

ancillary courses, lunches and weekend meals, L2 & L3 Exam fee

May 11, 2021
May 13, 2021

Elite instructors will train you to within an inch of your comfort zone every day. Look back with pride, as your strength, stamina, and skill reaches new heights.

If you want to party every night? Go somewhere else. But if you want to make new friends for life as you embark on your childhood dream of catapulting your skiing or riding to that next level. Then join us and gain international qualifications, recognised in 37 other countries. Build your confidence & get a 2nd string to your bow in case you decide on the inevitable and become a fully trained ski or snowboard instructor. Enhance your instructor tickets with Off piste, Powder, Back Country or Freestyle training. Don't want to become an instructor. Then become a life saver and check out the rewarding Ski Patrol Program.

Our resorts are slope side accommodation, no waiting around for buses, no queues in the subzero temperatures. Rinse and repeat. A truly life changing experience to enhance that CV. Dream to be different!.

Program Highlights

• Train hard & smart with our top class instructors. 96-98% pass rate for Level 2 candidates. We spend more time on your Level 2 training than any other provider.
  • Slope-side accommodation. No bus journey means more quality time on the slopes.
  • Evaluate your new world from the top of the mountain in breath-taking scenery
  • Whether you want a big night out or expand your horizons we have enough "bolt-on experiences" from party nights to Heli ski to Back Country Adventures to keep you entertained for the full season.
  • Home from home. Become part of the family and quickly settle down to your new life in the beautiful Canadian snow-capped mountains

Popular Programs

Instructor and students, snowing

Take the first tentative steps to becoming a Ski Instructor. Not sure whether you are going to enjoy it? Cannot afford the time or money to get to Level 2 then this course is perfect for you. It's designed to radically change your skiing, get rid of those holiday habits and start with the strong building blocks to transform your technique. Good for intermediate skiers. Gain a CSIA internationally recognised qualification. Add extra weeks before or after the course to suit your budget.

CSIA instructor, grey jacket

Take the next step and really boost your skills and teaching to the level which everyone aspires to get in their first season. Our instructor trainers will push you to the edge of your comfort zone and get the most out of you whilst maintaining the fun aspect of the job. Get valuable shadow teaching hours to cement your understanding of those higher level techniques and be mentored by our instructors. Your Skiing ability really grows exponentially at this level. Prepare to shock yourself!

Back Country team preparing to descend

No other Program will offer you this much training. Born from customer feedback and a growing Back Country market we have combined the Level 1 & 2 instructor course with 6 weeks of every element you can imagine. Get diverse training in each discipline, Ski Patrol, Back Country, Steep & Deep, Freestyle, Off Piste & Powder, First Aid, Avalanche Skills. Between our core modules and optional bolt ons this is the most comprehensive platform to catapult you as far as you can get in one season.

Ski Patrollers prepare for heli evacuation

One of the most rewarding experiences you can have on the mountain. Spend your season being the first up the mountain and the last one down with the highly trained Mountain Ops. Chose a more vocational path and absorb all the modules required to make you one of the team, an incredible 2 week first aid course, before you train in Avalanche Rescue techniques, lift evacuation, toboggan handling, heli preparations, rope rescue, to name a few. Culminating in 12 days of one to one mentoring.

skier jumping off a lip

The level everyone aspires to. One of the hardest, intense courses you can embark on. Turn up fit and mentally prepared as our team of L3 & 4 instructors push you further than you have ever been before. Carefully structured courses will transform your skills. The L3 package can be split into 2 options to cater for the clients preference. The pure L3 training with modules/exam or join part of the Snow Academy and branch out into the Back Country, Off piste powder arena.

Gap year group Sunpeaks

Combine the Level 1 & 2 programs, add a healthy amount of Shadow teaching, bolt on some extras, like your Race Coach, CADS, Back Country or Avalanche training and finish it all off with a days Heli-skiing and you have the perfect recipe for an amazing Gap Year experience. Get an interview to line yourself up with a job for the following winter. Choose your resort, choose your equipment, choose life, choose The Wintersports Company!

Craig

Best Experience Ever

I done the 11 week program with the Winter Sports Company, I got my level 1 snowboard instructor cert and then trained with the ski patrol on my snowboard which was great because I'm not a good skier. The certs received in the patrol training have be invaluable and really boosted my resume.
Since doing the course I went back to Panorama and got a job as a Snowboard Instructor for winter season, during this time I achieved my Level 2 cert and I've just acquired a job as a Bike Patroller for summer due to the patrol training I done in Panorama.

What was the most nerve-racking moment and how did you overcome it?
Learning how to absail off a chairlift for lift evacuation was quite nerve-racking but trusting your ropes and the professional ski patrollers training you and it was really fun!
Robin

Wsc

BEST TIME EVER IN CANADA 🇨🇦
The only thing I can say about the WSC is that going to Canada was the best choice I made in my live so far, I flew out to Calgary and ended in Panorama meeting some amazing people which I can call my friends now a day, I had the greatest time ever on the mountains improving my snowboarding skills and becoming a CASI level 1 instructor. Everything was just perfect from the instructors like Josh, Laura and Sam, our representative Jari and the organization of Rik and Emma. Due to Covid-19 we had to leave Canada 2 weeks before we’ve planned but Rik and Emma did absolutely everything they could to make sure everyone arrived home safely.To resume my time in Canada with the WSC i can only say that I’m very grateful that I’ve met such amazing people and that thanks to them I’ve leves this experience. Once again,
Thanks you Rik, Emma and the whole WSC team.
Big hugs
Robin

The night after passing the level 1 exam is unforgettable
Georgia

You'll have an incredible time!

If you are into snowboarding or skiing and want a future in the business, this is the company you should go with. The course I completed was so fantastic, I improved my riding so much and had a great time doing it. They will also support you after completing the course to help find jobs within the industry. Rik and Emma were so helpful and communication was great, I cannot fault them at all. There courses are well organised and the instructors were top level, I wish I could go again!! If you do decide to go on a skiing or snowboarding course I would seriously consider Winter Sports Company. Even during the pandemic they have been so supportive and helped us all to get back home when the virus first struck.

What was the most surprising thing you saw or did?
It probably wasn't too surprising (as I was in Canada) but I saw a moose on one of the ski slopes which was very cool to see!
Charlotte

Winter Sports Company

I travelled out to Panorama Resort, Canada in 2020 for my level one and two CASI snowboard instructor course and it was the best decision I've ever made. Not only was solo-travelling a completely alien experience to me, it allowed me to have the most new experiences I've had in three months. I made friends for life, got some qualifications and overall just had so much fun. The pandemic hit whilst we were out there and the way Rik and Emma handled our safety travelling home was amazing. Can't wait to go back. 10/10 wonderful experience in every way!

What was your funniest moment?
There is no one particular moment - the friends I made allowed my time out in Panorama to be the best experience I've ever had
Marine

Winter sports company best experience of my life 😍

I’ve done the ski instructor level 1 and ski patrol course and it was the best training and course I’ve done. I have met some lovely people and we have past some really fun and good times. But I have also learn a lot during the course.

The good thing is, that Rik was here if we had any problems or any questions about the course even after the course ending.

Si vous êtes français vous pouvez aussi faire ces formations. Certes c’est en anglais mais la langue n’est pas une barrière ;)

I would definitely recommend them to anyone considering a course.

If you did this all over again, what's one thing you would change?
Enjoy even more from all the moments because it was incredible
Richard

No regrets!

Had an absolutely amazing time in Panorama mountain resort, courtesy of the Winter Sports Company. They organised everything, flights, accomodation and every bit of information you need for your specific course. Rik and Emma are both super friendly, approachable and really eager to help whenever needed. They organised a fantastic trip for me and connected me with, what I hope are, life long friends. Unfortunately, our course was cut short due to Covid-19 but Rik and Emma worked tirelessly to organise all our transfers and flights home and even offer us refunds for the time we lost. These guys are absolute heroes. I'd recommend WSC anyday and I really can't wait to get myself on another course with them.

What was your funniest moment?
I couldn't possibly choose one funny moment! I had so many great laughs with so many different people! The great memories I made will stay with me forever!
Charlotte

Winter sports company

The Winter Sports Company is a brilliant family business which has been there every step of the way from enquiries, all the way through a global pandemic and now keeping an eye out for future jobs and experiences that we might enjoy. The instruction I received while out in Canada doing a ski patrol and CSIA level 1 instructors course will be with me for the rest of my life, as will the friends I made. They got us back to safety when the pandemic hit and sorted out last minute flights to get us home as well as almost weekly messages to see how we were getting on all through lockdown. I can’t recommend these guys enough, they make dreams come true!

What was the most nerve-racking moment and how did you overcome it?
Walking into the airport terminal about to meet everyone for the first time! But as soon as I saw Rik and Emma they made me feel so relaxed and I knew that the people I met were going to be my fiends for ever!