Working Holiday Canada - City Job

Stepwest Working Holiday Canada - City Job program gives you the opportunity to live and work in Vancouver, one of the most livable cities in the world. Working as a barista at a busy waterfront cafe, greeting guests at a top Vancouver hotel or even the serving customers at a thriving Vancouver restaurant. These are just some of the many options available to you when you arrive here in Vancouver - Canada's playground! It's no surprise that this is one of our most popular programs as it combines equal amounts of work and play - with an abundance of the latter! We work with some of the most dynamic host companies where you can obtain excellent North American business experience. You will get the chance to experience all the city has to offer - from Skiing at a local mountain to enjoying the bustling nightlife in one of the many entertainment districts. There is truly something for everyone in Vancouver and the team here at Stepwest will make sure you have the best experience possible

Laura

Planning your Working Holiday with Stepwest (Vancouver, Canada)

Planning your Working Holiday prevents you from wasting your time, your energy, and your savings! Contacting Stepwest was the best thing I could have done to live and enjoy my Canadian adventure.

Since the very beginning, I contacted Stepwest because despite having intermediate English (academically), I had a very elementary level English for day to day. I thought it would be more difficult for me to find a job in Canada and deal with a new culture where I didn’t know how to start to look for a job.
During my second day in Vancouver, Stepwest already arranged my first job interview as a waitress in an Italian restaurant on a central street of Yaletown, which is a really nice neighbourhood in downtown Vancouver. The interview went very well (despite my limited English), I made my trial shift, and in the same week I started to work (it all happened in the twinkling of an eye!). Now, I have been working in this restaurant and living in Vancouver for one month, and I feel very comfortable here.
Much of this I owe to the speed with which I found work and the warmth with which I was welcomed by the restaurant team! And, of course, I improve my English step by step, day by day!

Really, when you come to a new and unfamiliar place, it's very comforting to find people like the team at Stepwest. I feel they advised me very well whenever I had a doubt, before and after getting my Working Holiday. And I think that two of their most prominent values ​​are empathy and sensitivity with which they work to your situation of a “newcomer” in Canada. From my experience I can say that they have sensitivity when they choose the companies where you could work. They also offer the best rates to get a Canadian cellphone and a bank account that offers the best advantages when you open your account!

I am very glad to have contacted Stepwest to plan my adventure! I will do it again. During this time, I could compare my experience with other people I've met in Vancouver and, like me, came here with the Working Holiday Visa. Having the support of Stepwest has provided me with motivation and safety in every step I took. In addition, it has also saved me a lot of headaches and money thanks to the speed with which I found work and the good advice received.

Canada opens its doors with the Working Holiday Visa and this is a great opportunity to have a unique and unrepeatable life experience, to expand your knowledge about other cultures and about yourself, to improve your English and to test yourself in many ways. Twelve months seem long...but it goes so quickly, so it is important to speed up certain processes (such as looking for work, for example).

Victor

From Costa Rica to Canada

I never thought about finding a place as multicultural as Vancouver, is incredible how many people from all around the world live here.

I have known a lot of nice people, who have thought me a lot about them and the places they are from. Not only the people is amazing here, the beauty of the country is something else too, if you like nice views and lakes, you have to come to Canada.

I have enjoy it every second of my experience, cause life is about that, experimenting.

About Stepwest

We're Stepwest, Canada's leading internship and work experience provider. Whether you want to obtain higher level education at a top Vancouver college or university,operate a ski-lift at a renowned Rocky Mountain resort or improve your professional...