View Other Details
Spend a semester or year in the scenic Andean city of Cuenca! Study Spanish and complete an internship with a local organization in this amazing setting steeped in rich history and culture. Working alongside colleagues at your internship, you'll learn to develop, support, and implement a sustainable service project. Dive into topics like community development, social justice, collective action, and cultural humility. Live with a host family to get the full immersive experience of living abroad and becoming part of a new community. Have the adventure of a lifetime exploring a new country and traveling to must-see spots!
- Speak Spanish, take Spanish classes, and maybe even pick up some Kichwa!
- Volunteer with local partner organizations like indigenous-owned community tourism projects or sustainable farms
- Travel across the country and visit places like Cajas National Park, the Pacific Coast, and Andean peaks
- Immerse yourself in Ecuadorian culture
- Leadership training and mentorship
Live with a host family and intern with a local organization! Immerse yourself in the rich, Andean culture and city life in Cuenca. Focus on environmental sustainability, education and youth development, social impact, or arts and cultural preservation. Explore the region and go on group excursions to places like the Amazon, a visit to an indigenous community, the Pacific coast, national parks, and the highlands near Cuenca.