View Other Details
Gap Year Grant - IAU offers a $5,000 grant to qualified students who enroll independently at IAU (not through another university) for a gap year (two full consecutive semesters), whether that is between high school and college, between undergraduate and graduate programs, or simply between life and career changes. The $5,000 scholarship will be applied against the student’s spring semester invoice. All gap year students who maintain a 3.0 IAU GPA after their first semester will automatically qualify to receive the grant for their second semester.
IAU is pleased to offer an incredible Gap Year Abroad opportunity to students from all backgrounds. This unique program draws on IAU’s expertise in experiential-based learning and offers a learning environment that fosters creativity and personal growth for the independent-minded student looking for a cross-cultural experience abroad before embarking on their next chapter. The Gap Year Abroad at IAU is perfect for the student who would like to earn credits towards their college degree while forging long-lasting friendships, discovering new passions, exploring different surroundings, and delving into the culture and language of their host country. Students will have the opportunity to gain real-world experience through courses, internships, and volunteer opportunities while sharpening their ability to become an independent thinker, analytical problem-solver, and cross-cultural communicator.
- Study business and international relations, fine arts, social sciences, and a variety of other disciplines
- No previous college experience or language experience required
- Homestays, apartments, and residence hall options available
- Opportunities to thrive in Spanish, French or Arabic language immersion
- Highly encouraged to cave out your own path and design a unique gap year experience that fits your individualized interests and needs