Moving to Berlin - Berliner Kickstarter

Moving to Berlin - Berliner Kickstarter

Thinking about moving to Berlin? Move to Berlin with Nomaden Berlin.

Berlin, a dynamic city with endless things to do. The undisputed capital of cool, is full of young vibrant people and is the ideal place for a working holiday /gap year / internship and study program.

What's included:
One months accommodation in a deluxe inner city apartment.
Intensive language course to complete A1.1 at a beautiful language school, near the apartment.
Full administrative support and workshops.
Working holiday visa support.
Job placement advice.
Tours (history, cultural and contemporary).
'Off the beaten track' parties, events, and days trips.
One month transport card for unlimited exploring.

Eligibility - Working holiday visa - to the age of 30 from Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Japan, Hong Kong, South Korea, Taiwan, Israel, Chile, Argentina. EU citizens, student or internship visa holders. Please

Europe » Germany » Berlin
Europe » Germany
Program Tags
Language Immersion
Primary Language
Age Max
Job placement advice
Administrative setting up in Berlin seminars and ongoing assistance
Events, parties, tours, and day trips
Ongoing social support and alumni events for your entire working holiday year
Unlimited transport card

John
Vancouver

Nomaden Berlin's relocation service is 10/10!!

I chose to move to Berlin this summer to pursue work in PR. Having previously lived in Sweden and France, I was fairly comfortable with moving countries. However, having spoken to friends in Berlin and read the forums I could see that Berlin was a different beast. I looked around short-term accommodation offers and was pretty disappointed with what I could find. This was until I came across Nomaden Berlin! I was able to stay in a BEAUTIFUL penthouse apartment in Prenzlauer Berg for the same price as a hostel in a much lesser area. Added to this, I was able to register (anmeldung) at the apartment in the first week of arriving in Germany. This is a crucial administrative prerequisite if you want to live and work in Germany as you need to register to get a tax number. Nomaden booked my registration appointment and helped me with all the paperwork!!

After a lovely welcome evening I started on my 2-week intensive language course. This was in a great language school close to the apartment. I had some basic knowledge of German but the course really got me going with the language – I am hoping to carry on with the school after new year. Learning some basic German has made living here much easier and it has been really enjoyable doing this alongside fellow people relocating with Nomaden.

Throughout my first month in Berlin, Lana organised some really cool social events including BBQ’s, open-air cinema trips, market trips, bar crawls etc. which were great for getting to know the city and meeting people. However, as a history graduate, it was some of the organised tours that Nomaden offered that I found most fascinating. From trips to the Berlin wall and underground bunkers to tours of the Reichstag and Soviet memorials, the package Nomaden has put together gives you a great taste of the city’s history.

All in all, Nomaden made my move to Berlin very enjoyable. From the accommodation and language school to the events and tours, Nomaden offered a 10/10 relocation package!

Carrie
Winston-Salem, North Carolina

Absolute Best in Berlin

I decided to move to Berlin after finishing up my undergrad. I had heard Germany is one of the best places for Expats, especially Berlin. Visas and knowing where to get started can always be tricky, so I am super happy I came across Nomaden's site and the wonderful Lana that runs it.

She helped me tremendously from the beginning, telling me about all my options and explaining the ever daunting German bureaucracy. I decided to do the one-month Language Holiday program to start off my new adventure abroad.

Nomaden has everything organized so that you actually feel like a local, not a tourist. Everything was top, from the accommodation to the activities and the language school. I also met lots of great people upon arrival through the program. I've decided to stay in Berlin and pursue a (free!) Masters here at the Technical University. I don't think things would have been the same had I moved over here just on my own. I highly, highly, recommend Nomaden and Berlin!

Ellie
Wellington

Best way to move to Berlin EVER!!!!

So I moved from New Zealand to Berlin in June this year. A friend had told me about Nomaden Berlin, and how it made everything about the moving process so easy. I was a bit nervous about finding a job as I don't speak German, so I contacted Lana and she told me about what the Nomaden program offers. And I'm glad I did because everything worked out so smoothly! To begin with, I had a lot of help with the visa process (a lot of it's in German and quite complicated). The accommodation was awesome - an apartment right in the city, super close to the language school - such a convenient location for the first month, as it really gave me a chance to figure out the city without the stress of flat hunting (now I have a house-share with friends I made in the first week). I managed to get a job within 3 weeks!! (largely thanks to all of Lana's help - she's literally a CV/job finding guru). Best of all, I met an amazing bunch of friends through Lana and the rest of the group. I felt so welcome the day I arrived. My first two weeks of Berlin were just the best, and really kick-started my life here. I really cannot thank you enough Lana & Nomaden Berlin!!

I'd recommend this program to anyone thinking about doing the working holiday visa in Berlin and wants to make the process as smooth & easy as possible. It's actually really good value when you consider the cost of a Contiki or Topdeck tour, & this actually helps set your life up in a new city. I chose the package with accommodation, a language course, visa support, job placement help, 2 weeks of events and transport. That meant I literally had no stress, and setting up was super easy, but there are other packages as well to suit different needs.100% worth it imo!!

If you are starting out on a working holiday, looking for a unique summer experience or simply wanting to immerse yourself in a different culture then Europe's undisputed capital of cool could be the place for you.

Nomaden are experts in working holidays, language holidays