Embark on a unique global experience in 12 weeks. EF Gap Semester is perfect for students who want to design their own gap experience while making friends and building community. Students get to choose from 21 destinations in Europe, Asia, Latin America, Africa, and Oceania.
Every EF Gap Semester begins with a two week cultural immersion in Europe. Students then get to customize their next two modules by deciding how—and where—to build skills in one of three essential aspects of a global career: Language Study, Service Learning, or Internship. All EF Gap Semesters culminate with EF Leadership Academy in an English castle.
With the opportunity to earn college credit and place out of language classes, students return home with an advantage as they start or return to college. EF Gap Year is part of EF Education First. With more than 50,000 staff members and 600 offices and schools around the world, EF Gap Year offers unparalleled international support 24/7.
- Customize your modules to build your perfect gap experience
- Learn a language at a fully-accredited EF Campus
- Help a community in need through service learning
- Find an internship that prepares you for your career
- Reflect at Leadership Academy in an English castle