View Other Details
Get outside of your comfort zone and immerse yourself in the cultures of Nepal, India, and Thailand. Join a small team of backpackers and travel with two experienced leaders for a 13 week experiential learning semester in Asia.
Youth International programs focus on cross-cultural exchange, and involve a combination of international travel, community service, home stays, and outdoor expeditions. About a third of your time will involve volunteer work, including these service projects planned for the upcoming year: renovating a school in a Nepalese village, and teaching English to children in a village in India.
YI participants are presented with a unique opportunity for personal growth. You will encounter a wide range of new and challenging cultural situations, forcing you to re-evaluate what is right, wrong, or normal, and who you are in relation to these norms.
Dates for the next available program are: September 14 to December 2021. Apply today!
- Challenge yourself with a 9-day trek in the Himalayas in Nepal.
- Volunteer on sustainable, community-led service projects.
- Visit Bangkok, Delhi, and cultural wonders including the Taj Mahal.
- Explore Asian religions and philosophies, including a mediation retreat led by Tibetan Buddhist monks.
- Learn about new cultures, foods, and languages by living in home stays.