View Other Details
- Pre-departure briefing
- Airport pick-up
- Welcome and orientation
- Volunteer placement
- 24-hour in-country support
- UK HQ support
Cambodia has a rich history, fascinating local culture, magnificent ancient temples, stunning beaches, and very friendly people. It is an incredible gap year destination and sure to create life-long memories in any traveller.
GapGuru’s programs are based in Battambang, which is a peaceful and cozy city away from the regular tourist route. GapGuru volunteers stay in our lovely volunteer house very close to the centre of the town.
- Business Intern in Cambodia: Develop and share your business skills and experience in Cambodia, where many families have lost breadwinners and now struggle to make an income. You will complete area research, interview families (accompanied by a translator), teach key skills and help create business plans. See your hard work pay off as new businesses are built to provide sustainable and independent incomes for the families you’ve been working with.
- Cambodia Experience: This 3-week cultural experience includes the chance to volunteer as a children’s activity leader in Battambang, enjoy a range of tours and activities and take an excursion to Siem Reap, where you will have the opportunity to explore the famous temples at Angkor Wat.
- Asia Experience: Spend 3 weeks in Thailand, taking part in cultural tours and activities and joining 3 of our rewarding projects: teach in Chiang Mai, volunteer with hill tribes, and care for elephants in a sanctuary. Follow this up with 3 weeks Cambodia, running activities with children in Battambang, tripping over to Siem Reap (the backpacker’s favourite) and visiting the breathtaking temples at Angkor Wat. Finish in style with 2 weeks cruising the Mekong River into Vietnam, and relaxing on beautiful and tranquil beaches.
- Teach English in Cambodia: Receive the support you need to deliver your own English lessons as a classroom teacher, pushing yourself out of your comfort zone and making a real difference to the children’s education.
- Children’s Activity Leader in Cambodia: Volunteer at a children’s educational centre, co-teaching lessons and running your own activity clubs to deliver a well-rounded and enjoyable curriculum.
- Community Healthcare Support in Cambodia: Spend your mornings volunteering in a busy healthcare clinic in Battambang. Past volunteers have learnt how to give injections, measured heartbeats, taken blood pressure and even witnessed births. Use your afternoons to promote health & hygiene awareness and teach English skills in local schools.
- Teach Employable Skills in Cambodia: In this community centre, you can teach vocational skills to children and adults, such as sewing and computer classes. These employable skills will make fantastic use of your personal interests, while securing better futures for those you instruct.