5-Month Internship Programs | Top Israel Interns

Looking to intern abroad for a 5- months during the Fall or Spring?

Get ready for an unbelievable professional experience abroad with Top Israel Interns. We have hundreds of internships in our professional network so that you can find the best internship for you! Our program include accommodations, career training, trips, a 2-week Ullpan and a close-knit community of interns and mentors. Talk with an Internship Coordinator today to see if you are eligible for a grant or scholarship. Jump-Start your career with us!

Matt

Great experience

Really amazing experience. I learned a lot at my internship and I had a lot of support from the TII staff. Definitely a great way transition from college to work life. My mentor really challenged me and I feel like I grew not only as a person a professional but also as a person. I can't wait to come back to Israel again. The accommodations- were also great. Everything was practically new and the location was right in the center of everything. During our free time, we chilled on the beach any chance we had.

More cross country trips and more intensive Hebrew language courses.
Aviva

Experiencing Israel like a local!

The program provides very value for its price.
The group was smaller compared to other programs/organisers which made the experience more personal and the staff more approachable.
The TII Staff was great and very supportive of any issues that came across and tried their best to resolve them in a timely manner.

The Placement process:
After the initial phone call to find out more about the program I was assigned to an internship placement coordinator.
After sending over my CV and cover letter we had a call to find out what exactly I am looking for and where I could develop the best.
The coordinator found me the perfect placement within the High-Tech and Life science industry.
She also made sure to explain my commute, as my internship was in Herzliya.

Apartments:
The apartment we stayed in was in South-Central TLV (Florentin). It was bright, modern and was only a short walk away from Rothschild, the Shuk, the Beach and many more interesting places.
We did have some problems with the Wifi but the TII staff was very keen on resolving the issue.

Activities:
TII provided a wide range of activities such as day and overnight trips, career progression programs, volunteering, group Shabbat dinners and many more.
Our Madricha was amazing in providing us with information on extra activities and events happening in the city.

There were some minor issues in the apartments that the program should resolve before taking on a new group.
Raphael

Program overview

Smaller group compared to other internship programs. In one side is good, because you’ll have more support from the staff, they were always very nice and helpful. But can be bad in the social side as it’s a small group. For me it didn’t change a lot as I already knew a lot of people in Israel. In general the program is very good. Ulpan classes are great, apartments too and the trips are amazing! Placement coordinator are also really good and found me the internship I wanted. If you’re looking for a more personal experience for sure this is the right option.

Harrison

Live and work in Israel, like an Israeli!

A unique program that allows you to live as a working Israeli with accommodation in the best locations, very supportive staff and some wonderful trips and activities. A special way to spend a gap-6 months, before or after university.

Regardless of your work interest, there is so much in Israel for you to explore. Should your world be within sports, science, arts or culture the Top Israel Interns team can find a work placement to help improve both your work and life experience. If you want to move to Israel, or simply want to work abroad for a 5 month period, the program immerses you in the heart of Israel's two major cities and takes you on wonderful trips and excursions, allowing you to experience all the very best of what this small -underestimated - country has to offer. Life long friendships are easily made and experiences and memories will be treasured forever.

Only main issue is that there should be a closer dialogue with the MASA grants processors. If you require funding to make it possible to go on this program (which I'm naturally very grateful for) , the dialogue was disjointed from MASA's end and only rectified with TII's help at the final moment!

Benji

Amazing Experience

Amazing experience, I really was placed in a 'top' internship and was given an amazing apartment right in the centre of the city.

The Madricha that was provided by the program was excellent and really made the program what it was. Truly a lot of fun.

Top Israel Interns took us on plenty of well-guided trips that showed us the bulk of Israel. You do get to feel like you're living in Israel and having a proper life in this special place.

It was quite an expensive program so to get your money's worth, you really need to put in a lot to your internship.
Banana

The bads drown the good

As I write this, I am in utter shock. I do not have words to express at full capacity just how despicable of a company this. I was told by a former Top Israel Interns participant to have everything in writing and to not trust the director of the program under any circumstances. The director of Top Israel Interns, will lie about anything and she will go through GREAT lengths to cover her lies. Sadly, I did not listen to this advice and I really wish that I had.

We had so many problems with this program, especially regarding money, it is not even funny. There was a participant who was an endangerment to himself and others on the program and was allowed to continue the program despite how traumatized we all were.

We went on a dangerous hike and when a participant got hurt not only did they not know how to get help, but they told us we had to CARRY HER off a mountain.

When asked to contact our lawyers, parents, masa leadership, etc. the director just doesn't respond for months and then claims "she was waiting on a response."

I was asked to sign a contract regarding my scholarship. When her new employee incorrectly processed my scholarship, the director tried to cover it up and then come after me for the remainder of the chargers. In front of her former employee, the director, promised me the scholarship would cover the full amount and then I would be refunded for everything I paid into the program at the end. The director went through get lengths to cover this up, but after I received confirmation that the wrong scholarship was processed, I was given a refund for the scholarship.

After the program, I left a review on another website, stating that masa has less expensive programs that offer the same quality experience and better. I made no mention of my personal experience or the reason for my distaste for the program itself.

The director responded to one of the other reviewers stating that I was out to get Top Israel Interns and that I was out to get them and defame them based on my own personal vendetta.

And then the director of the program then tried to demand money from my sister stating that this is what I owed the company in charges.

When I responded asking how she had the nerve to write such a letter after months of not speaking to me and how could even be possible to owe them money when THEY REFUNDED ME ... She bold faced denied having refunded me the money. When I showed her my bank statements stating that she did in fact refund me, in less than 24 hours she had her bank reverse the charges causing my bank account to over draft big big time. And then she denied doing this stating that "my bank made a mistake."

I'm so just dumbfounded and in shock. This is like 1920's Italian mobster, keep quiet or you'll end up with a dead fish on your front door stuff. This is just so extreme and so awful. I cannot even express how much I regret having any dealings with them after having been warned of the consequences.

No, I don't recommend this program
Amalia

A Great Program - Then and Now

My sister went on a Top Israel Interns program a few years ago and she felt it was a good value for money program which helped her get a step ahead. When I decided to look into international interning opportunities, I naturally had to check out the Top Israel program. Now that we've both been on it and can compare, I can tell you that it has changed A LOT. They've always had good internship options, and the staff have always been nice, but now they offer much MUCH nicer accommodation and also run the career development workshops alongside the internship, which really brings the whole experience together. The Hebrew classes are also better now. Back in 2013 when my sister came, they had a tutor who would meet them at the Top Israel offices, it was ok, but not amazing. Our group went to lessons at Ulpan Or which is the top rated Hebrew school in Israel - we actually finished those classes being able to speak a reasonable amount of Hebrew! My internship was nothing short of impressive. I was at Hadassah Ein Kerem hospital and got to see procedures I never would have dreamed of being able to witness elsewhere, let alone having amazing doctors finding the time to explain and offer their advice on my research. My sister did an internship in finance and also said her mentors were really patient and taught her a lot.

I don't have any major things I would say need improvement, but a bigger fridge in the apartment would have been nice! Who knows, maybe the small fridge was good because we had to throw out our dodgy leftovers!!
Karen

The best thing I've done for myself and my career

I've traveled extensively and worked around the world so I thought I could arrange my own internship pretty easily, but I chose to go through a Masa provider so I could get the benefit of the grant, and also secure an excellent job right from the start. I'm really glad I chose to go with Top Israel Interns, and not just for the reasons I've mentioned above. It was only once I was in the program did I realize the value of having my transport and accommodation taken care of, and also how much more I was getting through the career development workshops. These really helped me brush up my CV and get me ready to start the job search and secure myself a much better permanent position (which I managed to do!) My actual internship was amazing, I learned new things everyday, and built really good relationships with the people in the office -who I really hope I will get to see again someday soon! The Hebrew aspect of things was by no means easy, but the lessons we got at the beginning of the program did help us to at least not feel as foreign! Although it was tough, I don't think any of us found the language to be a barrier to the success of our internships. I was really happy with our apartment, it was new and really nicely set up, and we were the first group to stay in it. We had one issue with the stove, but that was fixed the very same day. Aside from my internship, I think the best part of the program for me was the people I met. Our group was made up of people from all over the world, but we connected really nicely. I know this changes from group to group, but I think the staff play a big role in this. The staff were really great at encouraging the group to connect and consider each other. They made us feel completely at home and went out of their way to help us have a great time. Doing this program was by far the best thing I have done for myself and my career!

There is always room for improvement in everything and I think they know this and are always trying to make the program better. They asked us regularly what they could do to make it better and they always seemed to act on it and make changes when necessary. For example there wasn't sufficient air conditioning in the apartments when we got there but they changed it very quickly. Communication between the participants in the beginning was also a bit like broken telephone, but this was also resolved pretty quickly.
Amy

The best internships in Israel

Top Israel Interns is by far the best internship provider in Israel.
I made great friends during my time in Israel, and the employment coach at Top Israel Interns found me a great spot!
I have already recommended the trip to 3 of my good friends when I returned back home to the states.
The greatest part was the $4,500 grant.
I really love the staff at Top Israel Interns, and would go again if I could.
Thanks!

About Top Israel Interns

Top Israel Interns offers professional development internships for young adults seeking international work experience. Top Israel Interns provides both semester-long Masa programs as well as 8-week inter-session programs for students and graduates...