In the seaside town of Jeffreys Bay, the surfing capital of South Africa, students have come from around the world to equip themselves, and experience the transformative power of God. VGY is a gap year like no other, offering you a uniquely South African experience; providing a healthy environment for you to learn about life, leadership, community and servanthood. This is the year for you to establish your identity in Christ and build a solid, Biblical foundation into your life, while developing your leadership and character. All gap year programs offer ‘adventure’ and ‘volunteerism’. As do we. But where VGY is different – we also have a strong track record of success at setting people up for a life of purpose and significance. There are gaps in your game that we will help you fill to realise your full potential and purpose. We have 3 VGY "streams" for you to choose from: Leadership Stream, Media Stream, Worship Stream. Each stream has its own unique stream specific curriculum.
- ESTABLISH YOUR IDENTITY & SECURITY: Discover who you really are – what God says about you – and walk in the security of your identity as a child of God.
- EXPERIENCE ADVENTURE & FUN: Jeffreys Bay and surrounding areas offer you world class surfing waves, bungee jumping, sky diving, mountain biking, cliff jumping, fishing, hiking, and camping
- EMPOWERMENT THROUGH PERSONAL MENTORING: We believe in equipping and empowering young people to walk in their true identity as they engage in 1 on 1 fellowship with mature believers
- EQUIPPING THROUGH COMMUNITY OUTREACH & VOLUNTEERING: Students get to engage in various weekly outreaches into the surrounding disadvantaged communities.
- ESTABLISH A CAREER PATH: Let us help you find your passion and calling so that you can walk in your purpose and destiny.