- Volunteerism should not be expensive for the ones with good hearts that want to lend a hand;
- The only international volunteer organization based in a developing country that also runs its own developing projects. Most of other providers are profit-oriented traveling companies based in First World nations;
- Most affordable registration and program fees, starting at $395 for 2 weeks; no transfer fees on top;
- Volunteers receive an orientation upon arrival;
- We are not targeting any surplus revenues. All money charged is used to further achieve our mission and contribute to our local programs!
Iko Poran offer exciting, safe and affordable volunteer programs all over South Africa.
Our variety of programs includes from learning the pure joy of surfing and helping children reach their dreams or caring gorgeous little kids in a township in beautiful Cape Town, to working with endangered wildlife in an animal sanctuary near Port Elizabeth, passing to working with monkeys near Tzaneen or living the Lion and Rhino experience near Johannesburg, there are hundreds of reasons to visit this superb destination.
South Africa is rich in culture, fauna & flora and history. It is a beautiful country with an incredible range of climates, widely varying landscapes, rich culture, wildlife and wilderness.
- Available all year round;
- Start dates every Monday of the month;
- World's most affordable fees!
- Iko Poran is the only international volunteer organization based in a developing country. It is a volunteer organization that works with volunteer organizations.
View Program Information
Airport pickup, orientation, accommodation is included in all projects and meals are included in most of them (please check the description of your chosen program), support from the local staff, program supervision, in-country 24/7 support throughout your program, in-country administration costs and donation to support local projects.
Registration Fee is US$ 229 and includes:
Marketing costs, pre and post placement support from our staff, a complete country information guide, volunteer training booklet, detailed information about the program, administration costs, travel costs to run inspection visits in all locations, communication costs, and office staff.
Extra costs are the costs to prepare for your trip and leisure activities when in country.
Volunteers are responsible for their own flights, visas, travel insurance and vaccinations (if necessary).
Volunteers in South African program find US$100 to be sufficient for basic weekly expenses in the community.
This program has not been reviewed yet.