- South Africa
- Port Elizabeth
- Free State
- Cape Town
View Other Details
Airport pickup, orientation, accommodation, meals (included in most programs), support from the local staff, program supervision, in-country 24/7 emergency support, administration costs, and donation to support local projects.
Registration Fee is US$ 149 and includes:
Marketing costs, pre-placement support, country information guide, volunteer training booklet, detailed information about the program, administration costs, travel to run inspection visits, communication costs, and office staff.
Extra costs are the costs to prepare for your trip and leisure activities.
Volunteers are responsible for flights, visas, insurance, and vaccinations (if necessary).
Enjoy the time of your life in South Africa by volunteering for a safe, satisfying and inexpensive program with Iko Poran.
Our volunteer programs include Childcare, Sports, Teaching, Marine Experience, and a variety of Animal Conservation projects.
In Cape Town, you can work in child development, learn to surf, help children on amazing beaches, develop sports or teach English. With animals, you can work with monkeys, live with lions, support endangered species, help injured and orphaned wildlife, conduct marine conservation and work with great white sharks.
You will stay in shared accommodation, such as our volunteer house, chalets or wooden cabins, with like-minded people from around the world
- Available all year round
- Start dates every Monday
- Highly affordable fees
- We are the only international volunteering organization to be based in a developing country that also runs its own projects. Most providers are profit-making companies based in First World nations.
- We believe that volunteering shouldn’t cost the earth. Registration fee is only $ 149. Program fees start at only $400/ 2 weeks
- We focus on providing a good experience for you - welcome, orientation, accommodation, placement, and ongoing support.
- Great value for money – probably the cheapest registration fee for a South African volunteer program
- Combine travel with volunteering for an experience you can’t get as a tourist – stay between 1 and 12 weeks
- We are non-profit – fees received help us to achieve our mission by contributing to local programs. Your program fee is given directly to local partners to support their projects – guaranteed