Engage in meaningful work & projects during your Gap Year in Arusha, Tanzania

Get involved & start the adventure!
Get involved & start the adventure!

You want to spend your Gap Year in a meaningful way? Gain work experiences and make friends for a life time?
Then come to Arusha and get involved! With Viva Tanzania you get the chance to work in Child Care (kindergartens, pre- & primary schools), Women Empowerment (marketing, fundraising, product development & teaching), Health (hospitals) and Animal Welfare (animal shelter & animal welfare organization). You will get an excellent in-country support by living together with Tizia and Tini, having common dinner and going excursions on the weekends. We selected all our projects with care and know many of then personally for years to guaranteed that help is needed and all support like money and time will be used for the project. You get the chance to gain first hand experience what it means to be away from home for a while. Register today and start the adventure!

Rahel

Great organization!

I currently am a volunteer, staying at the hostel with Tizia and Tini for four months. I found their organization Viva Tanzania while looking for affordable and serious volunteer opportunities in Tanzania. Since Tizia and Tini cooperate with several small NGOs and organizations, I had no problems to find a project that suits my wishes. Tizia and Tini both offered great support not only in finding a suitable project, but also in settling down in Arusha after my arrival. In the kindergarten I am volunteering in I actually have the opportunity to help, not only in teaching, but also in building a Website, raising sponsorships etc. Viva Tanzania does not only offer accomodation and volunteering / internships etc., but you will live in a familiar atmosphere and enjoy a lot of free time activities with people from all over the world. You will not only gain a lot of experiences, but also built friendships, learn Swahili, get to know the Tanzanian culture and not to forget: have a lot of fun.

About Viva Tanzania

Viva Tanzania was founded by Tini (Tanzanian) and his wife Tizia (German) in order to meet the great demand of cultural exchange and affordable project intermediation. We offer the best in-country support you can imagine: We are completely based in...