GLV: Conservation, Cultural and Adventure Expedition

Volunteers working with locals to build a chicken coop
Volunteers working with locals to build a chicken coop
Volunteer planting trees
Volunteer planting trees

A true mixture of cultural experiences, adventure and a positive contribution to local communities in the heart of Tanzania. Whether you're trekking through the jungles of the Great Rift Valley, or planting trees to reforest the local area, you'll be experiencing the best that Tanzania has to offer and come home with memories to last a lifetime.

As well as working on exciting new projects, you will be immersed deep into the amazing cultures of Tanzania. 130 tribes come together in the extraordinary village where we are based. Located on Great Rift Valley and situated between some of the greatest wildlife reserves in the world, this is truly one of the most spectacular places you will visit.

Our volunteering programs work together with diverse communities groups in rural Tanzania creating positive and sustainable partnership. Using these partnerships we work to tackle climate change.

• Experience the best of Tanzania's beauty through our adventure excursions. Hike up to natural waterfalls and trek through the jungles of the Great Rift Valley.
  • Immerse yourself in Tanzania's diverse culture. Learn bushcraft with the Maasai and cook local dishes with our neighbours.
  • Experience the best of Tanzania's wildlife life through game drive safaris to Tarangrie National parks and cycle rides to Lake Manyara
  • Offset your carbon footprint, empower local communities and reforst nature reserves and community spaces through tree planting.
  • Work on practical projects (for example plastic repurposing or small building projects) that empower communities, provide income and facilities.

Claudia

An exciting, fun and unique once in a life-time opportunity to experience Tanzania!

Green Light Ventures was the perfect opportunity to experience the real Tanzania. It offered a real range of activities where I was able to observe Tanzania's beautiful scenery and wildlife such as waterfall walks, cycle rides to Lake Manyara, and of course Safari. We also undertook a variety of projects which centred around conservation. Smaller projects included creating herb gardens with plastic bottles we had collected. We also undertook a larger project where we built a Chicken Coupe for a community in need, this was extremely rewarding.
Dom and Chloe were the perfect hosts always fun, extremely helpful and supportive throughout my experience and always quick to answer any queries I had. They were constantly asking what they could do to better my experience. They were also very attentive to any specific requirements or needs I had such as providing vegetarian meals. I would recommend Green Light Ventures to anyone who is considering this kind of trip. Thank you again for such a great experience!

What was the most unfamiliar thing you ate?
The most unfamiliar thing I drank was the banana beer! You can find banana beer being drunk by the locals at the Masai market, this is a must try!!
William

Amazing Adventure, with super fun activities and meaningful volunteering.

Green Light Ventures gave me the opportunity to experience a trip of a life time. This is a trip for anyone who wants more than just a holiday; as on top of activities such as relaxing at rift valley infinity pools and waterfall hikes, this trips gives you the chance to experience the real Tanzania and its people. I personally enjoyed how diverse the trip was, one day I was getting up close and personal with Tanzania's most impressive wildlife and the next I was spending an evening under the stars with the Maasai. Out of all the other NGOs I originally looked at it was important I picked GLV, due to their attention towards environmental issues and afforestation, and also how all volunteering was community led development and so entirely ethical.

What was the most surprising thing you saw or did?
Joining in on a Spear throwing competition with the Maasai.