Gap Year in Thailand with Xtreme Gap Year

Gap Year in Thailand with Xtreme Gap Year

Xtreme Gap Year is Thailand programs consist of group travel experiences, rich cultural interaction, paid work abroad opportunities, and the option to spend up to 12 weeks living and travelling in this exciting country.

From water sports like scuba diving and freediving, snorkeling, swimming with whale sharks to stuff like rock climbing or learning about elephants the possibilities are endless. Everything is easy and cheap in Thailand and you get so much in return. Since we know the country so well you will benefit from our contacts and expertise to get absolutely the most value for your money! We offer many amazing round trips including everything you want to see including transportation and accommodation. You can get in the shape of a lifetime on our Fitness Bootcamp or become a paid underwater filmmaker. Have a look at our programs and see for yourself!

Asia » Thailand » Koh Tao
Age Max

Paul
Bromley
University College London

Best four months of my life

I travelled with Xtreme to five different countries - Thailand, Laos, Vietnam, Cambodia, and the USA. I can sincerely say that these were the best 4 months of my life.

The Thailand trip consisted of visiting temples (new, old, and even controlled by monkeys) an elephant week where you bathe, feed and prepare food for the elephants (I even ended up with an elephant tattoo), and two weeks on Koh Tao for a full moon party, a conservation day, a cross fit course and also managed to get a diving qualification. Aside from this, we also had an adrenaline-packed adventure day hiking, snorkelling, tubing, and swimming with sharks!

The staff were always friendly and detailed with explaining things, the food and accommodation were great, and the locations perfect. I definitely met some people that I'll meet up with again.

For Vietnam, I spent a month in the north of the country in a small group, visiting rice terraces, mountains, hiking in jungles and weaving in between rice fields on a boat, spending most of my weekends in charming Hanoi, with its constant traffic and pretty night markets.

My time in Laos and Cambodia was spent on a hop-on hop-off bus, where I was able to meet lots of different people. The homestays included were a great insight into local life, and we even took part in some rural Buddhist ceremonies, took a slow boat (and swam in) the Mekong river, visiting beautiful waterfalls, temples and caves, and even having a conversation with a monk. In Cambodia I learnt about the country's turbulent history - aided by a trip to the genocide museum and S21 killing fields) as well as seeing the beautiful beaches the county has to offer.

Lastly, I spent three weeks camping across the USA, spending time in places ranging from Vegas, Zion national park, the Grand Canyon, monument valley, Nashville, Austin, Memphis, and many more. Staying with a native Indian tribe was definitely a highlight. After 3 weeks as a family sleeping in tents, the minivan and under the stars, it felt like I was leaving a family behind.

Thank you to Xtreme for providing these amazing trips!

Paul

- more varied meals during 1st 2nd weeks

Monique
Haarlem

Thailand experience

I had a wonderful time in Thailand with Xtreme gap. I have travelled a lot in South East Asia but this Thailand experience with Xtreme gap was one of the best trips ever.

Especially the Buddhism and culture week was a lifetime experience for me I have learned so much while I was having great fun with the others in the group.

The accommodations were above my expectations!

Thank you Xtreme Gap for arranging a wonderful experience.

Katie
England

Thailand experience!

It exceeded my expectations beyond believe, I seriously cannot describe how much I enjoyed every single minute of my month long Thailand experience. It had everything, introduction week- showing what Thailand was like with their culture/religion, elephant week- which despite the long car journeys (which was actually very entertaining) was an amazing experience, being so close to them and getting our hands dirty by cutting down the banana trees, to Koh Tao paradise. Where I undertook and passed my open water diving course! Xtreme gap also provided extra activities such as Xtreme sports day and paddle boarding which added to the fun. It literally had everything I wanted out of the trip all rolled into one. Then finally the amazing group of people you get to spend it with! I'd like to thank Xtreme gap for making this all happen to me.

Honestly the only thing I can think of would be maybe a few less temples in the culture week- even though that's what it's about, and the car journey to Umphang was pretty difficult to handle on the back of the jeep but we got through it and it was worth it.

Milco
Amsterdam, The Netherlands

Thailand Xtreme Adventure

i really want to advise everybody to book with Xtreme Gap. The people are friendly and very helpfull.

Before the trip we spoke on Skype and they have send me many of brochures to show the possibilities.
My parents wanted to know what to expect, so even my mother called with the owner and she had a good feeling about the company.

first trip to Thailand, even my first trip outside Europe, so i didn't know exactly what to expect.
I went for 4 weeks, with a stop in hongkong for a couple of days.

In Thailand, we learned the language (only the basics) and even have helped on a school. The kids really enjoyed our stories and wanted to play soccer with us all day. I brought some balloons because Xtreme Gap told me it was a nice gift for them and it would easily fit in my backpack. It was really fun, such a small gesture but such a big smile on their faces!

sure i have seen all the beaches as you can see only in the movies and did some scuba diving as well, but the nights at the beaches were amazing. Party all night, making friends from all over the world.. i love Koh Tao!!!

The Muay Thai training was great, although i couldn't use my arms and legs the day after.

Elephants, the cutest animals ever. and so amazingly clever, it was so much fun. we crossed a river with a guide on the elephants back.

the food, i loved the food!
Not all, but Xtreme Gap advised me to avoid certain places and certain food. Before i booked, and even in the plain i was afraid of being sick because of the food. But i didn't have a problem with any food. the drinks however....

It was really good to know for people who might want to book this trip that i have made a lot of new friends. Even before my trip, i got a list of people who are there the same time as i would be so i could already chat with them and get to meet them.
I even met Steve before the trip and had an amazing time with him when we met in Koh Tao.

The temples we beautifull and inspiring. So much peace and harmony, i wish we could have some of that culture in Europe.

After the trip i spoke with Xtreme Gap, and they even used some of my photos on their website.

this year i can't, but next year i will definitely book with them again.

if i had to change one thing,i would suggest to advise the new clients to bring more small gifts for the kids, it is worth it!

Gabby
Harrow

Thailand Experience Xtreme Gap Review

I had amazing time on the Thailand experience from Xtreme gap year. What can I say the best four weeks of my life! The trip cost a little bit over £1000 and I'm very pleased to say that I could really tell that my money had been spent wisely. There were 20 of us in the group, and we all got to do lots of different activities. The trip was really well structured, it offered a really nice balance of cultural experiences, adventure and beach time. I made some great friends, and had some really good experiences. My personal favourite was learning to scuba dive, but I also did stand-up paddle, and trekking. LOVED EVERY MINUTE!

I would go for longer!

brady
Pennsylvania
Pennsylvania State University

Fun in the Sun

As an experienced backpacker I can say, I saw a lot more with this company than I would have on my own. For first time travelers this is the best way to live large meet great people and see a wide variety of Thailand. From Temple hopping to elephant riding to full moon parties, you really do get a great range. Also unlike other tours ive done you get to meet and more so become family with locals. I spent my 21st birthday here at a man I call Uncles bar in the north mountains of Thailand accompanied by fun loving travelers even though they had all been strangers a mere 48 hours prior.
I am normally extremely hesitant about doing group tours because theyre are normally a tourist taste of the land but I felt more locally immersed than even my solo travels. My grandfather passed on the tour and the company paid for me to drive down to Bangkok and stay at another program I didn't even sign up for while I waited for news.
If your skeptical don't be, this program and the staff have your back, and unless your not human you will have a dope and incredible time!

Xtreme Gap Year is a new kind of travel company: We focus on adrenaline travel. What is that? Well put it this way, we believe when you do some incredible things and push your comfort zone as you travel it gives you the best travel