- United States of America
View Other Details
Explore the rich near-coastal ecosystems of California as well as the further offshore waters of the North Pacific this spring, 2021. Pacific Odyssey begins with a shore component in southern California from February 22nd to March 10th, and continues with a sea component beginning in San Diego on March 10th and ending in Monterey on April 19th. This is a non-credit experiential learning adventure geared for students age 17 to 22.
This multi-disciplinary program is an adventurous alternative to online coursework and delivers a life-changing sea voyage of scientific discovery, academic rigor, personal growth in a closed-community aboard a tall ship. Atlantic Odyssey is designed to conform with CDC health guidelines.
- Build self-confidence and self-reliance on an ocean voyage!
- Develop lifelong skills in leadership, teamwork, communication, and critical thinking.
- Conduct environmental research on marine debris and coral reefs.
- Gain the skills needed to help address one of the defining issues of the 21st Century: human impact on the marine and coastal environment.
- Stand out from the crowd through this experiential learning adventure!