- United States of America
View Other Details
Start your gap year off on an adventure with a purpose... Immerse yourself in an experiential learning odyssey on shore in Cape Cod and at sea aboard a sailing research vessel. Develop lifelong leadership and teamwork skills while completing an epic ocean passage from the temperate shores of New England to the tropical islands of the Caribbean.
This gap year program offers gap students a deeper understanding of the complex marine environment through field-based research, a sailing adventure aboard a tall ship, and innumerable opportunities for skill-building, leadership development, and personal growth both on shore and at sea.
This pre-college program attracts gap year students, ages 17 to 22, who have graduated from high school but not yet matriculated at a college or university, or who have been placed on a college waitlist. Perfect for students who are not seeking academic credit for their participation.
- Build self-confidence and self-reliance on an ocean voyage!
- Develop lifelong skills in leadership, teamwork, communication, and critical thinking.
- Conduct environmental research on marine debris and coral reefs.
- Gain the skills needed to help address one of the defining issues of the 21st Century: human impact on the marine and coastal environment.
- Stand out from the crowd through this experiential learning adventure!