Dynamy Internship Year offers full-year, semester (fall/spring) and summer placements.
Perhaps the most popular option, our full-year mimics a traditional college calendar, running from September to May, and offers 3 internship cycles. Students begin in September with a 10-day Adventure Challenge followed by orientation and an 11-week internship period. After a brief winter break, students return to complete the final two internship periods (January- March and then March- May). During their internships, students engage in the "real working world" to establish professional relationships, time management, and further develop their interests. Aside from their internships, students practice independent living skills, weekly advising and money management. Given that the full year program occurs over a long stretch of time, students are able to deeply develop peer and staff relationships. Our full year option allows students plenty of time to experience and reflect on the program.
- Independent Living Skills- Students will learn to live independently in apartments with other Dynamy students where they are responsible for their own meals, cleaning and managing their schedule.
- Advising and Mentoring- Students will meet weekly with their internship advisor where goals, successes and challenges are discussed.
- Experiential Learning and Professional Skills- Students will work 28 hours a week, Tuesday through Friday, at their internship location for roughly seven hours each day.
- Life Skills- Students will participate in budgeting workshops, time management and other foundational executive functioning skills.
- College and Career Exploration- Students will work with our onsite college counselor, as well as their advisor, to discuss transition options for both college bound students and those entering the workforce.