- United States of America
View Other Details
Cost includes everything: tuition for 10 credits, room and board, all fees, outdoor gear, books, journals, & unlimited marshmallows.
Manifest your good life. Discover your great work.
Set aside a semester of your one wild and precious life to think about what counts as a good life and how you will go about living it. We’ve carved out a space on the coast of Maine where you can step away from everyday life, join a community of learners, read great books, paddle sturdy canoes, bask in nature and gain perspective on what really matters, especially in times like these.
INHABIT THE COAST OF MAINE
DEVELOP HOMESTEADING SKILLS
FORGE COMMUNITIES OF PRACTICE
REFLECT ON THE MOST PRESSING QUESTIONS OF OUR TIME
ARTICULATE YOUR VISION OF THE GOOD LIFE
EARN 8-10 COLLEGE CREDITS IN 2-3 INSPIRED COURSES
See also The Good Life May Term in Maine (website for details) & The Good Life For All service-learning program (website for details)
- “Open Ocean Opening Retreat” Seguinland Institute, Georgetown, Maine | Stay in riverside cottages, canoe the river, hike the preserves, boat trip to islands. Form a community of learners: inspired texts and conversations.
- “In the Footsteps of Thoreau” Baxter State Park, Maine | We will follow in the trail of Henry David Thoreau’s 1846 journey and read Thoreau along the way.
- “Tree Dwellers Retreat” | Stay a night in an epic treehouse
- Mentorship: Students have bi-weekly conversations with a faculty mentor.
- 2-3 College Courses (8-10 Credits): “LIVING THE GOOD LIFE”, Philip Francis PhD, “RADICAL LOVE IN THE NEW 21st CENTURY”, Meg LeMay PhD, "THE CREATIVE LIFE", Marsha Dunn