- United States of America
View Other Details
Cost includes everything: tuition for 10 credits, room and board, all fees, outdoor gear, books, journals, & unlimited marshmallows.
Envision your good life. Discover your great work.
Set aside a season of your life to think about the most important questions of all: what makes for a good life? What will I do with my one wild and precious life? What will be my great work for the good of all? We’ve carved out a space on the coast of Maine where you can step away from everyday life, join a community of learners, read great books, paddle sturdy canoes, bask in nature and gain perspective on what really matters, especially in historic times like these.
EARN 10 COLLEGE CREDITS IN 3 INSPIRED COURSES
INHABIT THE COAST OF MAINE
EXPAND YOUR CREATIVE CAPACITIES
DEVELOP HOMESTEADING SKILLS
FORGE FRIENDSHIPS BASED ON THE DEEPER THINGS
REFLECT ON THE MOST PRESSING QUESTIONS OF OUR TIME
ARTICULATE YOUR VISION OF THE GOOD LIFE
See also The Good Life May Term in Maine (website for details) & The Good Life For All service-learning program (website for details)
- “Open Ocean Opening Retreat” Seguinland Institute, Georgetown, Maine | Stay in riverside cottages, canoe the river, hike the preserves, boat trip to islands. Form a community of learners: inspired texts and conversations.
- “In the Footsteps of Thoreau” Baxter State Park, Maine | We will follow in the trail of Henry David Thoreau’s 1846 journey and read Thoreau along the way.
- “Tree Dwellers Retreat” | Stay a night in an epic treehouse
- Mentorship: Students have bi-weekly conversations with a faculty mentor.
- 3 College Courses (10 Credits): “LIVING THE GOOD LIFE”, Philip Francis PhD, “THE GOOD LIFE FOR ALL: 21st CENTURY NARRATIVES”, Kathryn Miles, PhD, "THE CREATIVE LIFE", Marsha Dunn, MSW