- United States of America
View Other Details
Cost includes everything: tuition for 10 credits, room and board, all fees, outdoor gear, books, journals, & unlimited marshmallows.
Envision your good life. Discover your great work.
We’ve carved out a space on a 60-acre peninsula on the coast of Maine where you can step away from everyday life, become part of an intentional community of fellow students, explore ideas to live by, bask in nature and gain perspective on what really matters, especially in historic times like these. Our programs offer a chance to aside a season of your life to think about the most important questions of all: what makes for a good life? What will I do with my one wild and precious life? What will be my great work for the good of all?
EARN 10 COLLEGE CREDITS IN 3 INSPIRED COURSES
INHABIT THE COAST OF MAINE
EXPAND YOUR CREATIVE CAPACITIES
DEVELOP HOMESTEADING SKILLS
FORGE FRIENDSHIPS BASED ON THE DEEPER THINGS
REFLECT ON THE MOST PRESSING QUESTIONS OF OUR TIME
ARTICULATE YOUR VISION OF THE GOOD LIFE
Our other programs: The Good Life May Term in Maine & Wintering: A Good Life Writer's Retreat
- “Open Ocean Opening Retreat” Seguinland Institute, Georgetown, Maine | Stay in riverside cottages, canoe the river, hike the preserves, boat trip to islands. Form a community of learners: inspired texts and conversations.
- Sunrise in Acadia National Park - The Dawnland
- “Tree Dwellers Retreat” | Stay a night in an epic treehouse
- 3 College Courses (10 Credits): “THE GOOD LIFE Course”, Philip Francis PhD, “THE GOOD LIFE FOR ALL", Seguinland Faculty, "THE CREATIVE LIFE", Marsha Dunn, MSW
- Volunteer at an organic farm that gives all its produce to people facing food insecurity.