- United States of America
- New York
View Other Details
Financial aid available
Does not include room or board
CityGAP is a NYC-based, outdoor, experiential program for participants 18-22. We engage with New York as a classroom, laboratory, studio and community, wrestling with current challenges facing the city. We spend most of our time outdoors in the city, working with partners in the arts, architecture and design, public policy and more. Our program is for young who want to connect with the world, explore their passions, master life skills and make an impact with a supportive group of peers.
CityGAP serves young people from around the world seeking a meaningful, creative, and collaborative experience outside in New York City. Our ideal participant is a young person who wants to do hands-on work with peers and expert partners on relevant challenges in the city. We partner with city officials, artists, policymakers, journalists, performers, activists and entrepreneurs. Participants work on both group and individual projects, producing a portfolio of original work in a variety of media.
- Outdoor and field-based, with minimal time online
- Collaboration with expert partners
- Group and individual project work
- Deep exploration of New York City's architecture, planning, history, culture and politics
- Mastering life skills, personal independence and navigating the City