Culture Care Au Pair: Be an Au Pair in the US

Culture Care Au Pair: Be an Au Pair in the US

Au pairs are highly sought after in the United States. This is a great opportunity for those between 18 and 26 to travel abroad and care for children. Au pairs bring cultural exchange to their host families, while also experiencing true American culture. Here at Culture Care Au Pair, we provide the highest quality live-in childcare opportunities for our au pairs. Our au pairs have the chance to live in a wide range of areas, work for compensation, spend time with children, and even attend a university. All au pairs must also have had over 200 hours of childcare experience, be a licensed driver, have a clear criminal background, have completed secondary school, and be ready to commit to a year (or two) abroad.

North America » United States of America » San Francisco
1 Year+

gwenaelle
connecticut

terrible experience

This agency is a joke. THey do not care about aupair or host family but care more about money. I spent 11 months as an aupair and it was the worst time in my life between living with alcoolic parents and terrible kids without any education.
I think the agency should tell the world how terrible it is before selling their product (family or aupair) and pretend that everything would be great and that they support you. There is crazy family in the program just as there is crazy aupair too but what the agency check in both side is minimum as soon as we pay.
This is ridiculous and I really hope that a lot of people are going to read this comment and think twice before trusting this company. Do not hesitate to check their reviews outside their website.. Aupairs are not slaves, that all I want to say.

Victoria
Sweden
Sonoma State University

Au pair back in 2010

I was an au pair back in 2010. I had a great family in New Jersey with three girls between 10 and 15. My local contact from Cultural Care in the area was super nice and helped me a lot. Being an au pair is of course ups and downs, after all you live with a family for a year. I grew a lot during my year and went from being a teenager to a grown up. My family really welcomed me into their home and I got to be part of all of their traditions and family gatherings. I think anyone who wants to explore the real America should go as an au pair. You really get to become a "local" and know the culture for real.

I would have liked to know a little more about study options in the US before I travelled.

Jennica
Finland

The best way to spend a gap-year!

I have traveled to the US with Cultural Care Au Pair, and I couldn't have been happier with my experience! Right from the start the staff at CCAP were very helpful and friendly, and i felt that they were there for me whenever I needed anything. This lasted through my whole year, I always knew I could ask for help and support.
Being an au pair didn't only bring me a second family that I love more than anything, it also gave me tools for my future! Having lived in a different country and culture developed my communication skills a lot. I also matured as a person and became more independent and confident. I got to travel around the States and meet a bunch of new people, as well as study at a college. I had so much fun during my time as an au pair and I would never change it to anything else. I am happy I decided to travel through Cultural Care Au Pair and I can definitely recommend this program!

Amy
Växjö, Sweden
Bellevue College

Personal growth and networking

I gained a lot of personal development during the time on the program. Including; conflict negotiation and experience, cummunicatin skills in general intercultural communications skills in particular. I learnt what it is to be flexible and open, two lessons that will empower your proffessional carreer a lot. In addition I gained an incredible personal network, benificial for both my personal life as well as my carreer.

Clearer preperation in terms of workshops and education before contracted work starts. Including: communication strategy and expectations.

Invite lecturer or educater that is NOT American to give a lecture during the preperation week in NY, to have him/her share thoughts on cultural differences etc.

Educate and recruite LCC:s that are in favor of Au Pair's position as well as the families. Negotiation for both parties. I know too many LCC:s only parting with families, unfortunetely.

Anja
San Francisco, California

A lifetime experience

Traveling to the US as an au pair, has been a lifetime experience. Not only have I got so many new experiences and seen amazing places in the US, I have also got a second family on the other side of the world and grown a lot on a personal level. I've gotten more independent, more open and definitely also a lot stronger as a person. I took care of the sweetest little baby boy and had an amazing time with him. It was great to be able to share my passion with taking care of children and to explore a new culture and obtain new friendships.
It's no secret, there have been hard moments as well, with home sickness and misunderstandings with the family or stressed out from the classes, but all in all, it has only made me a stronger person and it takes a lot more to make me stressed out now.
I can only recommend traveling a year as an au pair!

Majken
Hillsborough, California

Amazing experience with Cultural Care

I was an Au Pair with Cultural Care for 21 months, and I had the best experience ever. All the way through from the day I signed up for the meeting until I was back home ihad the full support from Cultural Care. They were always there ready to help me, if I needed it, and it was amazing.

That you would be able to stay longer than 2 years.

Mari
Stockholm, Sweden

Lifechanging experience in the USA as an au pair!

I worked as an au pair in Utah, USA between 2007-2008 taking care of 4 children between the ages 4-13. I got an opportunity to travel, work with children as well as study at an American college. During my 12 months in the USA I faced a lot of hard times (working with children is not all fun and games) but overcoming them helped me to grow as a person. I became more independent, got more confident and have since found an education and career that I probably would not have ended up with without me going as an au pair. I believe this is a perfect opportunity for anyone who is looking to do something different and to grow - does not matter if this is right after your high school or after your university.

Are you interested in living in the United States while spending time with adorable children? Becoming an au pair may be the solution for you! Culture Care Au Pair is looking for those between the ages of 18 to 26 interested in living with host