Camp America | Live, Work & Play USA

Camp America | Live, Work & Play USA

Camp America is the longest running US summer camp program in Australia. People living in Australia can apply for a 9 week paid summer of fun in the USA. On top of getting paid, you'll have all meals and housing covered.

Live, work and play and experience the real USA on a Summer Camp with Camp America. Be ready for the experience of a lifetime.

North America » United States of America » Washington D.C.
North America » United States of America » Seattle
First Payment - $170
2nd Payment - $270
3rd Payment - $350
Total Program Fee - $790*

What do you get as part of the Camp America program?
- Placement at one of the hundreds of summer camps
- All food and accommodation for 9 weeks (and in most cases, even laundry!)/li>
- Insurance (covering you for the full duration of your program not just a few months!)
- J-1 visa sponsorship (Camp America is an official designated visa sponsor)
- 30 days travel time after camp
- 24/7 customer support (from our Australian and US offices

Chiron
Wutsboro, New York
Cardiff University

The experience of a lifetime

Doing the Camp America program is single handily the best decision you could ever make.
The amount of knowledge, skills, friends, experiences and confidence you gain from this summer program, truly equips you to take on any future job or challenge in life.
From working at a summer camp you learn how to get use to a schedule of being completely active for 6 days a week from early in the morning to night. Looking after children certainly teaches you how to put others first, work in a strong team of councilors so that you can work effectively in providing the best summer possible for the children and yourselves.

Yet working at summer camp is not a boring, same thing day in, day out job; it is rather a jam-packed, fun-filled job full of things you normally wouldn't experience from the variety of activitiesyou get to be involved in. For example you could be jumping of a zip wire in the morning, canoeing around a beautiful lake midday, then doing go-karts in the afternoon, before participating in an drama play or act on a stage in the evening. I couldn't quite believe one night during my camp experience, I was being hypnotized by a hypnotized who has been brought in to entertain the campers; was apart of my job and I was even getting paid to do this. While there are serious parts of your job and it can be very tiring, you never loose that sense of enjoyment and energy that is always injected around camp everyday, something which you will never get in any other working environment.

A big bonus to this experience is that you don't take it on alone, you will be with a large group of other British councilorswho will also be in the same boat as you, travelling to the USA for the first time and working at your camp. Within a few days your fellow councilors become your best friends and you will literally spend every hour you have off, bonding with them and creating a friendship that will last forever. Therefore you will rarely feel homesick as you quickly become a custom to your new summer home and friends who become your second family.

The cherry on cake of what is a great experience and summer of lifetime, is that you get to go travelling after your time working at the summer camp, to completely immerse yourself in this new country and culture by exploring this huge country; that is the United States of America. There is literally so much to do, you are spoiled for choice and you can always find something that suits your interests and budget. Also with your new friends, many of your fellow British councilors will also be keen to go travelling, so its great way to go travelling with other people.

When you get home after 3 months of having the best summer of your life, you will realize how right you were to do this experience and will be extremely surprised on how much you have learnt and how you are a new person. So my only advice is if you haven't signed up already, what are you waiting for, get yourself on board for a trip of a lifetime before its too late! So if you would like to receive more information about Camp America, please fill out this form that only takes 2 minutes-https://www.campamerica.co.uk/wales-ni-brand-manager

No the program was perfect!

Thomas
Melbourne Australia
Australian Catholic University

Camp America

Camp America is one of the most viable and appropriate gap year options either a high-school leaver or university student could engage in. The whole organisational structure of the program is not only easy to follow but everything from travel insurance through to visa's are organised down to the wire. I was assigned to Camp Awosting in the state of Connecticut and was completely grateful by not only the efforts to which Camp America went to getting me placed but the accuracy in finding a camp that matched and represented what I wanted out of my gap year. I also cannot express enough how helpful the staff at the other end of the Camp America phone line were whenever I had a query about anything from fees to pre-camp accomodation.

The accomodation at the hotel prior to leaving for camp was a bit confusing. The whole organisation of it was perfect and a free night before heading off to camp was exceptional but I found that I had a hard time finding a contact number for the staff at the hotel when I had questions about travel arrangements from the airport to the pre-camp hotel.

Jon
Adelaide, Australia
University of Adelaide

The Best Summer of My life x3

I first heard of Camp America through a flyer on the noticeboard at University. I was studying to be a Teacher and though it would be an excellent opportunity to hone my skills and gain more practical experience working with children. Little did I know the adventure I was about to embark on.

I was captivated from the moment I landed in New York City. After a week of sight seeing I was off to my first summer at International Gymnastics Camp (IGC). I am not a gymnast in any sense of the word but that didn't matter. Camp is a magical place. So much like you see in the movies on TV. I am told my camp was straight out of the Parent Trap.

I made some amazing friends, who I still talk to and strive to visit whenever I have the opportunity to travel. The staff and campers truly make it a wonderful and memorable experience; an experience I wouldn't trade for anything. I will be heading back to camp in 2015 for my third Summer and cannot wait to see all the familiar faces and all the new friends I will make as well.

Camp America is something everyone should do. An amazing and life-changing experience. Camp will always be my home away from home.

Make the Summer last longer!!!!

Nicola
Corowa, NSW, Australia
La Trobe University

Best Year Of My Life

My time at Blue Star Camp was the best experience of my life! From the day I arrived right up until I left every day was amazing! Being around the kids and horses everyday and working with an amazing team and awesome director that made chilly 6 o'clock mornings so much fun! I have met a lot of life long friends from all over the world. I am so blessed to have been a part of Camp America and Blue Star and I wish I could have done it a second time over!

Monique
Australia
RMIT

Summer of a life time would be an understatement

Camp is an experience like no other. Yes the days are long, yes you don't make that much money, but I wouldn't trade it for the world. I grew at camp and had the most amazing summer of my entire life.

I made friends that I know I will have for a lifetime, I learnt things about myself no other job could teach me, I grew and became a more patient person and most importantly I was given the opportunity to be cared for and loved.

Camp america linked me up with the most amazing camp in upstate New York that I can call a second home. Without their amazing program and support I wouldn't have found my camp and wouldn't be going back for a second year, because I loved it that much.

Camp gives you the chance to be who you want to be and meet amazing kids and staff on the way. Without Camp America I would never have been able to grow and express myself because I would have never had the chance.

I thank Camp america everyday for the amazing experience and their help in getting me there.

Camp america is an amazing program but I think its only flaw would be that the hiring program focusses a lot on skills but some roles at camp are to purely be a bunk counsellor and this wasn't really offered through CA, I think if it was more broad and not so activity based more people would find spots at camp.

Hannah
Melbourne, Australia
Monash University

Just do it!

Through Camp America I have been afforded some truly incredible opportunities that have, over the past 3 years, changed who I am, how I travel, and how I see the world. From the beautiful experience of leading a group of campers on a canoe trip across the lakes of Killarney in Canada, to post-Summer roadtrips with all my new mates, #CA has broadened my horizons and brought me a new international group of friends with whom to chase those horizons! Definitely recommend if you like Summer/adventures/friends/pizza.

The visa process can be very confusing and the embassy website is a nightmare, clearer guidelines as to how to get it all done would definitely take some of the pre-trip stress away!

Jess
Adelaide, South Australia

Camp was amazing!

The best thing about camp was meeting people who had the same desires and passions for traveling, working with kids and being outdoors. It was amazing to be able to dive into a world full of such amazing experiences thanks to the kids and staff at camp.

The hardest thing about camp is getting up in the morning, even as a morning person I struggeled. Summer camp is not only a huge physical strain, but it's also very emotionally and mentally straining. There were personally moments during camp which tested skills, making me feel at times way in over my head or just totally over it all. But thanks to the amazing experiences and lessons that come along with these emotional bombshells, summer camp helps you realise who you are as a friend, a counsellor, a leader and most importantly who you are to you.

Summer camp was the best experience of my life so far, the places I went, people I met, the friends I have and my personally experiences all made my time away just.... Incredible.

As an Australian I've struggeled with the though of not being able to go back to camp this year due to my university requirements. It would be amazing if there was some sort of winter program or even an Australian summer camp program available.

britt
victoria austraila

great

Loved it so much that was sad that i couldn't go back due to having school thought there summer. The kids were filed with so much joy that i never wanted to leaves. It shows that countries are not the same but kids can put a smile on your face when your homesick.

More time to see places around America

The original and best provider of the uniquely cultural USA summer camp counsellor experience! Since 1969, we’ve sent over 200,000 young people from around the world to work on camps spread all throughout the USA. Summer camp in America is a massive tradition and we