View Other Details
Host family accommodation (including meals)
Assistance in obtaining a Chilean Student Visa and a Chilean ID card
Local coordinator supervision
Orientation Week with Spanish lessons (10 contact hours)
Airport pick-up and drop-off (transportation to and from Santiago Airport)
Student counselor and 24-hour emergency line
Mid-term evaluation meetings with Chile staff
School reports and progress information
Volunteer/Service Learning activities
Two Tours within the Marga Marga County
Five days a week, you will attend our local private high school — with classes taught solely in Spanish — followed by your choice of fun extracurricular activities. During your free time, play basketball, practice your folk dancing skills, catch a local football (soccer) match, or hang out with your host family “siblings.”
Upon arriving in Chile, you will meet the Chilean staff in Santiago Airport, and then you will head to Quilpué, capital city of the Marga Marga County, Valparaiso Region, where you will begin your five-day orientation. During orientation, you will participate in a series of workshops focusing on a several themes: culture, language, academics, social norms, and current events. You will also take 10 hours of Spanish classes to help you prepare for your language immersion experience.
The school day starts at 8:30 am and ends at 4:45 pm, from Monday to Thursday. On Friday, they usually end at 2:45 pm.
- Gain Spanish fluency by living with a host family and sharing daily life with locals.
- Attend classes with Chilean peers, allowing you to make lasting friendships.
- Make memories you will never forget together with Chilean and other international students.
- Participate in volunteer activities and give back to a local community in Chile.
- Participate in sport activities to hone your athletic and outdoor skills.